Usability test for BHO and ReScript
Bruce Tate, 20 September 2011
We would like to ask your help, as a user of British History Online, to find ways in which we can improve the website and our prototype collaborative editing platform, ReScript. If you could spare a few moments to take two online tests, we would be very grateful. They are part of a programme of tests designed to tell us if the changes we've made to the sites will be an improvement.
Not only will your participation help us to improve our own sites, but the results will also contribute to the development of a national policy for digital resource usability in Higher Education by the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), so your input will be extremely valuable both to us and more widely.
Bruce Tate, 06 September 2011
The first set of enhancements designed to improve usability on British History Online specifically produced as part of the JISC 01/11B funding are now live.
- checkboxes added to the advanced search form allowing users to exclude indices and abbreviation lists
- sort search results by event date as well as relevance
- search results page now enables users to examine all the filters on their query and instantly remove certain parts
- simple map at the head of the geographically ordered sources with zoom function
- A to Z and Z to A sort options, useful for series which are ordered chronologically