Mercurii, 12 Die Martii, 1605
Leave of Absence.
HALL, Burgess of Stanford, hath Leave to depart.
Henry Bryers, Burgess for Norwich, is licensed by the House to depart.
1. Reading: - B. For Confirmation of the King's Majesty's Letter's Patents, made to the Provost and Scholars of Oryell College in Oxford.
2. Reading: - B. For Sale of certain Lands of Edward Downes Esquire, for Payment of his Debts: - Upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
Mr. Wyseman bringeth in [a], from the Committee, the Bill for Assurance of Copyhold Lands; - from the Committee, with Opinion that they thought fit it should be suppressed, and a new one drawn; which was brought in by him, with the same Title that the other had.
Sir Rob. Johnson bringeth in the Bill touching Maintaining of Cottages, &c. from the Committee; the Amendments read; and ordered to be ingrossed.
3. Reading: - Act to enable all his Majesty's loving Subjects of England and Wales, to trade freely into the Dominions of Spayne,Portugall,and France; - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for Explanation of the Statute of Sewers : - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading : - Act touching Wherrymen and Watermen : - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for the Naturalizing of Daniel Godfrey, of the Parish of St. Bultolphes without Aldgate, Gentleman;- - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act for the Restitution in Blood of John Holland, Son of Bryan Holland, and Tho. Holland; - Upon the Question, passed.
Mr. Hare maketh Report of the Amendments in the Bill of Purveyors, from the Committee: The Amendments read, and put to Question. - Mr. Recorder taketh some Exception to a Clause against London. - Upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
Mr. Overberry bringeth in the Bill against Weares, from the Committee, with Amendments; but, because the Amendments were long, deferred till To-morrow Morning.