List of maps

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

D.A Crowley (editor), Jane Freeman, Janet H. Stevenson

Year published

1987

Supporting documents

Page

13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 13: South-west Wiltshire: Chalke and Dunworth hundreds (1987), pp. XIII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=116100 Date accessed: 01 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

LIST OF MAPS

All the maps were drawn by K. J. Wass, of the Department of Geography, University College, London, from drafts prepared by D. A. Crowley, Jane Freeman, and Janet H. Stevenson. The parish boundaries are taken from inclosure and tithe maps of the earlier 19th century, those of Ansty from the tithe maps of its neighbouring parishes. The tithing and township boundaries on the maps of Broad Chalke and Tollard Royal are based on information in the tithe awards.

PAGE
Chalke Hundred c. 18412
Alvediston in 1842, based on the tithe award map6
Berwick St. John c. 1840, based on the tithe award map18
Bower Chalke c. 1790, based on the inclosure award maps in the Wiltshire Record Office (EA/38)28
Broad Chalke c. 1790, based on the inclosure award maps in the Wiltshire Record Office (EA/38)36
Ebbesborne Wake and Fifield Bavant c. 1844, based on the tithe award maps of Ebbesborne Wake (1843) and Fifield Bavant (1843)61
Semley c. 1839, based on the tithe award map68
Tollard Royal c. 1839, based on the tithe award map80
Dunworth Hundred c. 184190
Berwick St. Leonard and Chicklade in the early 19th century, based on the inclosure award map of c. 1822 in the Wiltshire Record Office for Berwick St. Leonard (EA/158), and on the tithe award map of 1838 for Chicklade107
Chilmark in 1839, based on the tithe award map116
The Donheads c. 1840, based on the tithe award maps of Donhead St. Andrew (1840) and Donhead St. Mary (c. 1840)139
Fonthill Gifford c. 1825, based on J. Rutter, Delineations of Fonthill and its Abbey (London, 1823), map at pp. 100–1, and on the tithe award map156
Sedgehill in 1838, based on the tithe award map171
Ansty and Swallowcliffe c. 1850, based on a map of 1849 among the Arundell muniments at Hook Manor, Semley, for Ansty, and on the tithe award map of c. 1843 for Swallowcliffe178
Teffont Evias in 1840, based on the tithe award map187
Tisbury in 1838, based on the tithe award map200–1


Next:-->
Editorial note