List of maps

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

D.A Crowley (editor), A.P. Baggs, Jane Freeman, Janet H. Stevenson

Year published

1991

Supporting documents

Page

10

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 14: Malmesbury hundred (1991), pp. X. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=116129 Date accessed: 01 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

The maps listed below were drawn by K. J. Wass from drafts prepared by D. A. Crowley, Jane Freeman, and Janet H. Stevenson. The plan of Crudwell church was drawn by A. P. Baggs. The parish and other boundaries are taken from inclosure award, tithe award, and other maps of the earlier 19th century, from Ordnance Survey maps of the later 19th, and, on the maps of Brokenborough and of Malmesbury boundaries, from later Ordnance Survey maps.

PAGE
Malmesbury Hundred c. 18404
Brinkworth, 1841, based on the tithe award map14
Brokenborough, 1840, based on the tithe award map and Ordnance Survey maps26
Charlton, 1840, based on the tithe award map36
Crudwell c. 1840, based on the tithe award map52
Crudwell: plan of All Saints' church63
Dauntsey, 1773, based on Andrews and Dury's Map of Wiltshire (1773)64
Draycot Cerne c. 1839, based on the tithe award map74
Hankerton, 1840, based on the tithe award map94
Hullavington c. 1840, based on the tithe award map106
Lea and Cleverton, Garsdon, c. 1840, based on the tithe award maps120
Malmesbury c. 1840, based on the tithe award map128
Malmesbury and Westport c. 1845, based on a manuscript map in the Wiltshire Record Office (815/27)130
Malmesbury Boundaries, 1831–1984, based on a printed map in Soc. Antiq. MS. 817, ix, f. 1, and on Ordnance Survey maps133
Bremilham, Foxley, and Norton, c. 1840, based on the tithe award maps170
Oaksey, 1843, based on the tithe award map177
Seagry, 1840, based on the tithe award map187
Great Somerford, 1809, based on the inclosure award map in the Wiltshire Record Office (EA/98)195
Little Somerford, 1847, based on the tithe award map205
Stanton St. Quintin, 1834, based on a manuscript map in the Wiltshire Record Office (1781/29)212
Sutton Benger, 1839, based on the tithe award map222
Westport, 1840, based on the tithe award map230


Next:-->
Editorial note