List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

Simon Townley (Editor), Christina Colvin, Carol Cragoe, Veronica Ortenberg, R.B. Peberdy, Nesta Selwyn, Elizabeth Williamson

Year published

2006

Supporting documents

Page

8

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 15: Bampton Hundred (Part Three) (2006), pp. VIII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=116990 Date accessed: 27 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

Note: though maps and plans are listed separately, all text figures are numbered consecutively

FigurePage
1West Oxfordshire parishes c. 1880, showing area covered by this volume2
2Land-use and open fields in west Oxfordshire c. 1750, based on documentary and map evidence4
4Alvescot: earthworks (including ridge and furrow) near St Peter's church, surveyed and drawn by R.A. Chambers. Outline based on OS Map 1:2500, Oxon. XXXVII. 1 (1921 edn)12
10Alvescot parish in 1797, showing approximate location of open fields. From the inclosure award and map in Oxfordshire Record Office, and documentary evidence24
13Asthall village c. 1919. (OS Maps 1:2500, Oxon. XXXI. 1–2 (1921 edn), with additions and amendments)41
18Asthall parish c. 1810, showing approximate location of open fields (subdivisions omitted). From inclosure award and map in Oxfordshire Record Office, and estate maps in Gloucestershire Record Office56–57
28Black Bourton parish before 1770, showing approximate location of open fields. From inclosure award in Oxfordshire Record Office, post-inclosure maps, and documentary evidence86
31Carterton in 1919. (OS Map 6", Oxon. XXXI. SW (1922 edn), with additions and amendments)102
38The northern end of Clanfield village c. 1913. (OS Map 1:2500, Oxon. XXXVII.9 (1913 edn), with additions and amendments)116
43Clanfield parish before inclosure in 1839, showing approximate location of open fields. From inclosure and tithe maps in Oxfordshire Record Office, and documentary evidence131
46Clanfield: Friars Court Cottages (formerly St Leonard's chapel), surveyed by John Blair and Emma Hall. Reproduced from Oxoniensia 50 (1985), 212, by permission of Dr W.J. Blair and of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society142
48Kencot village c. 1919. (OS Map 1:2500, Oxon. XXXVI. 4 (1921 edn), with additions and amendments)149
51Kencot parish c. 1885. From OS Maps 6", Oxon. XXX.SE and XXXVI.NE, and documentary evidence157
61Minster Lovell village, church, and manor house, c. 1919. (OS Map 1:2500, Oxon. XXXI.3 (1921 edn), with additions and amendments)180
62Charterville in 1851, from tithe apportionment in Oxfordshire Record Office. Reproduced (with amendments) from K. Tiller, 'Charterville and the Chartist Land Company', Oxoniensia 50 (1985), 255, by kind permission of the author and of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society181
64Charterville cottages: plan and elevation. Plan redrawn from from Northern Star, 13 February 1847; elevation © English Heritage. NMR. BB78/5152183
68Minster Lovell Hall, showing building phases. Redrawn, with permission, from the plan in A.J. Taylor, Minster Lovell Hall (English Heritage, 1985 edn)188
71Minster Lovell parish c. 1840, showing approximate location of former open fields. From tithe award and map in Oxfordshire Record Office, and documentary evidence193
74Brize Norton village c. 1899. (OS Map 1:2500, Oxon. XXXI. 10 (1899 edn), with additions and amendments)209
81Brize Norton parish c. 1770, showing approximate location of open fields (subdivisions omitted). From inclosure award in Oxfordshire Record Office and other documentary sources228