14 FELTHAM (B.d.)
(O.S. 6 in. XX, S.W.)
Feltham is a parish and village 3 m. S.W. of
(1) Parish Church of St. Dunstan stands on the
S. side of Lower Feltham. It was entirely re-built in
1802 and enlarged in 1855–6. It contains, from the old
church, the following:—
Fittings—Coffin-Lid: In tower—of Purbeck marble
with pointed end, probably 13th-century. Monument
and Floor-slab. Monument: In chancel—on N. wall,
to Nathaniel Crewe, 1688–9, white marble scrolled
tablet with cartouche-of-arms. Floor-slab: In chancel
—to . . ., wife of [Charles] Rose vicar, probably early
(2) Manor House and barn 650 yards N.E. of the
church. The House is of two storeys with attics; the
walls are timber-framed and the roofs are tiled. It is
said to have been re-built after a fire in 1634 and consisted of a main block with cross-wings. The S.
cross-wing has been demolished. The Barn, W. of the
house, is timber-framed and weather-boarded; it is
probably of late 16th or early 17th-century date.
(3) Cottage, now two tenements, on the N. side
of the road 110 yards N. of the church, is partly of one
and partly of two storeys with attics. It was perhaps
built in the 17th century but was largely re-built and
refaced in brick early in the 18th century; the roofs are
tiled. The E. part of the house is higher than the W.
(4) Cottage, on the E. side of the road 130 yards E.
of the church, is of one storey with attics; the walls
are timber-framed and the roofs are tiled. It was
built early in the 17th century and has a large projecting
chimney-stack at the S. end.