18. CRANHAM. (B.d.)
(O.S. 6 in. lxxv. N.W.)
Cranham is a parish 4 m. E.S.E. of Romford.
(1). Parish Church of All Saints was re-built
in 1874 but contains from the old church the
Fittings—Bells: three; 1st and 2nd by John
Danyell, 15th-century and both inscribed
"Johannes Est Nomen Eius"; 3rd by Henry
Jordan, 15th-century and inscribed "Sancta
Petre Ora Pro Nobis." Brass: In chancel—to
Nathan Wright, 1657, inscription and achievement-of-arms. Floor-slab: In chancel—to Susannah
(Wright), wife successively of Charles Potts and
Francis Drake, 1664, with achievement-of-arms.
The churchyard wall on the S. and W. is of
(2). Cottage, on E. side of main road, 1 m. N.
of the church, is of one storey with attics, timber-framed and weather-boarded; the roofs are
thatched. It was built in the 17th century on a
rectangular plan and has an original chimney-stack
at the W. end.
(3). Wall round the garden of Cranham Hall is
of 16th-century brickwork.