List of Illustrations

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1926

Supporting documents

Pages

5-16

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of Illustrations', An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire (1926), pp. V-XVI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=123733 Date accessed: 29 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF PLANS AND ILLUSTRATIONS. WITH TITLES AND PRINCIPAL DATES.

1. ABBOTS RIPTON.Page or Plate.
Plan of village showing positions of monumentsp. 3
(1) Parish Church of St. Andrew, 13th-century and later: Planp. 1
    "    "    "    Communion Table, late 16th or early 17th-century151
(14) Cottage, 530 yds. E.S.E. of church, late 16th-century163
(15) Green Farm, 17th-century163
(26) Cottages at Wennington, 17th-century73
2. ABBOTSLEY.
Plan of village, showing positions of monumentsp. 6
(1) Parish Church of St. Margaret, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 5
    "    "    "    "    from the S.W. West Tower, late 14th-century14
    "    "    "    "    Statue of King on S.E. corner of Tower, late 16th-century159
    "    "    "    "    Tomb-recess in S. Aisle, c. 134013
    "    "    "    "    Screen under tower-arch, early 16th-century33
(8) Cottage, 250 yds. E. of church, 17th-century73
3. ALCONBURY.
Plan of village, showing positions of monumentsp. 11
(1) Parish Church of SS. Peter and Paul, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 8
    "    "    "    "    "    Interior of Chancel, c. 125012
    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and spire, c. 1280–9016
    "    "    "    "    "    Roof of chancel, late 15th-century46
    "    "    "    "    "    Communion Table, early 17th-century151
(4) Bridge across Alconbury Brook, 15th-century and later131
(6) Manor House, late 16th-century, and later72
The Village and Bridge, from the Green, looking N.N.E.15
5. ALWALTON.
(2) Parish Church of St. Andrew, c. 1190 and later: dated Planp. 13
    "    "    "    "    Window, c. 1300 and 'low-side' window, 14th-century, in S. wall of chancel11
    "    "    "    "    Interior from Chancel showing crossing, N. arcade of Nave, c. 1190, etc.18
    "    "    "    "    Capital of second column of N. arcade, c. 1190111
    "    "    "    "    Capital of third column of N. arcade, early 13th-century111
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, early 13th-century, etc., from the S.E.17
(4) Porch, re-built and now a lodge or cottage, late 16th or early 17th-century47
6. BARHAM.
(1) Parish Church of St. Giles, 12th-century and later: Planp. 16
7. BLUNTISHAM-CUM-EARITH.
(2) Parish Church of St. Mary, c. 1330 and later: dated Planp. 18
    "    "    "    "    from the N.E.20
    "    "    "    "    Font, c. 15009
    "    "    "    "    Remains of Screen, with palimpsest paintings of St. John the Baptist and St. George, 15th and early 16th-century19
(3) The Bulwark, Earith (Earth-work): Planp. 21
    "    "    "    "    "    Bird's-eye viewp. 22
(5) House at East End, late 17th or early 18th-century149
8. BRAMPTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, early 14th-century and later: dated Planp. 24
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, dated 163521
    "    "    "    "    S. door of two leaves, 15th-century161
    "    "    "    "    Font, late 14th or early 15th-century9
    "    "    "    "    Alms-dish, 16th-century137
(3) Bridge across brook, on the Buckden Road; possibly 17th-century131
9. BRINGTON.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 14th-century and later: Planp. 26
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century4
(2) Church Farm. Stone barn, dated 1672150
10. BROUGHTON.
(2) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 28
(5) House, W. side of road, 120 yds. S.S.W. of church, late 17th-century148
(6) House, 300 yds, E.S.E. of church, late 16th-century163
11. BUCKDEN.
Plan of village, showing positions of monumentsp. 40
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 32
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, 15th-century23
    "    "    "    "    S. Porch, 15th-century22
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway, 13th-century, re-set, and interior of S. Porch, 15th-century22
    "    "    "    "    Carved boss in vault of S. Porch, 15th-century133
    "    "    "    "    Monument in chancel to Thomas Barlow, S.T.P., 169125
    "    "    "    "    Arms in floor-slab of Robert Sanderson, Bishop of Lincoln, 1662–3127
    "    "    "    "    Six of the eight carved panels in chancel, 16th-century24
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, early 17th-century153
(4) Buckden Palace, dating from the 13th century: Planp. 35
    "    "    Great Tower, late 15th-century, from the S.23
    "    "    "    "    from the N.W.26
    "    "    Inner Gatehouse, etc., late 15th-century, from the W.28
    "    "    "    "    "    from the E.29
    "    "    S. end of range S. of Gatehouse, late 15th-century74
(5) Manor House, dating from late 16th-century or earlier: Planp. 38
    "    "    from the S.E.27
    "    "    Door in N. front, early 17th-century160
    "    "    Chimney-piece in N. room of S. wing, 1st floor, early 17th-century158
    "    "    Chimney-piece in S. room of S. wing, 1st floor, early 17th-century158
(6) Lion Hotel, c. 1500. Interior of Lounge30
    "    "    "    Carved oak boss in ceiling of Lounge159
(7) George Hotel and House adjoining. Staircase, late 17th or early 18th-century165
(8) House, E. end of village, N. side of Mill Street. Panelled door, early 17th-century160
(18) Cottage, E. side of Luck's Lane, 17th-century71
12. BUCKWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 42
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, early 14th-century37
    "    "    "    "    Detail of E. face of bell-chamber, early 14th-century35
13. BURY.
(1) Parish Church of the Holy Cross, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 44
    "    "    "    "    "    Respond of chancel-arch, early 12th-century33
    "    "    "    "    "    W. doorway of Nave, early 12th-century34
    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, mid 13th-century, etc., from the S.31
    "    "    "    "    "    Book-rest of lectern, early 14th-century32
    "    "    "    "    "    Screen in chancel-arch, 15th-century33
Parish Church, Manor House, etc., from the N.W.15
14. BYTHORN.
(1) Parish Church of St. Lawrence, 12th-century and later: Planp. 46
15. CALDECOTE.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene, 12th-century and later: Planp. 48
    "    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, dated 1646152
16. CATWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of St. Leonard, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 49
    "    "    "    "    Brass candelabrum, dated 166659
    "    "    "    "    Coffin-lid in vestry, late 13th-century142
    "    "    "    "    Communion Table, dated 1634151
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in chancel, 13th-century140
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, 15th-century152
    "    "    "    "    Screen to chancel, 15th-century33
17. CHESTERTON.
Chesterton Castor Area: Plan of Roman remains1
(1) The Castles: Roman Earthwork: Planp. 53
Roman milestone, now at Orton Longueville Hall2
(2) Parish Church of St. Michael, 12th-century and later: Planp. 54
    "    "    "    "    S. arcade, early 13th-century, etc., looking W.6
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, 13th-century and Spire, 14th-century37
    "    "    "    "    Monument in N. aisle, of Sir Robert Bevill and his son Robert, dated 161138
(3) Mound: Planp. 55
18. COLNE.
(1) Roman Village site: Planp. 57
19. CONINGTON.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, c. 1500: dated Planp. 59
    "    "    "    "    from the S.E.39
    "    "    "    "    Chair in chancel, early 16th-century40
    "    "    "    "    Chest in S. aisle, 17th-century146
    "    "    "    "    Effigy (2) in S. Chapel, late 13th or early 14th-century115
    "    "    "    "    Monument (3) in S. Chapel, of Sir Thomas Cotton, 166245
    "    "    "    "    Monument (4) in S. Chapel, of Sir Robert Cotton, 163145
    "    "    "    "    Monument (5) in N. aisle, to David, King of Scotland, erected c. 160045
    "    "    "    "    Monument (6) in N. aisle, to Prince Henry of Scotland, erected c. 160045
    "    "    "    "    Monument (8) in S. aisle, to Thomas Cotton, 1547, etc.45
    "    "    "    "    Piscina and Sedilia in chancel, c. 1500141
    "    "    "    "    Screen to N. Chapel, early 16th-century41
(4) Conington Castle, 16th-century and later, from the S.W.42
(7) Conington Round Hill: Planp. 62
21. COVINGTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Margaret, 12th-century and later: Planp. 64
    "    "    "    "    N. doorway, 12th-century34
    "    "    "    "    Font, 12th-century8
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, c. 1570136
22. DENTON.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: Planp. 65
23. DIDDINGTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Lawrence, mid 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 67
    "    "    "    "    Brass of Alice, wife of Walter Taylard, 1513, and altar-tomb of William Taylard, 1505, and his wife Elizabeth44
    "    "    "    "    Glass, re-set in western window of S. Chapel, 15th-century and later43
    "    "    "    "    Panel in back of western-most pew, N. side of nave, c. 150051
24. EASTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, 12th-century and later: Planp. 70
    "    "    "    "    Interior showing S. arcade, c. 13006
    "    "    "    "    West Tower and Spire, late 14th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Bell; 4th, by R. Newcombe, Leicester, c. 1560–807
    "    "    "    "    Chest in W. Tower, 17th-century146
25. ELLINGTON.
Plan of village showing positions of monumentsp. 75
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 73
    "    "    "    "    Roof of nave, 15th-century46
(5) Cottage, 80 yds. N. of church, late 16th or early 17th-century73
(16) Cottage, 260 yds. N.N.W. of church, 17th-century71
26. ELTON.
Plan of village showing positions of monumentsp. 82
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, c. 1270 and later: dated Planp. 77
    "    "    "    "    'Low-side' window and re-set blocked window, 14th-century, in S. wall of chancel11
    "    "    "    "    West Tower, c. 150048
    "    "    "    "    Standing-crosses in churchyard, 11th-century50
    "    "    "    "    Monument (1) in S. aisle to Thomas Proby, 168425
    "    "    "    "    "    Monument (2) in S. aisle, to John Proby, 1710, and Frances his daughter, 171125
    "    "    "    "    Incised slab (7) in S. aisle, of Robert Sappcott, 1600–01127
    "    "    "    "    Piscina and Sedilia in Chancel, early 14th-century141
    "    "    "    "    Seating: Bench-end in nave, early 16th-century51
(3) Elton Hall, 15th-century and later: dated Planp. 79
    "    "    "    Gatehouse, 15th-century, from the S49
    "    "    "    Vaulted undercroft to Chapel, 15th-century13
(4) The Old Rectory, late 16th-century47
(8) Cottage, formerly Girls' school, E. side of road, 600 yds. N.N.W. of church, with inscription of early 18th-century date47
(20), (21), (22) and (24) Cottages, S. side of High Street, 17th and early 18th-century47
(39) Carr's Farm, E. side of Oundle Road, 300 yds. S.S.E. of church, 17th-century47
27. EYNESBURY.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 87
(2) Parish Church of St. Mary, dating from the 12th-century or earlier: dated Planp. 85
    "    "    "    N. arcade, late 12th and 13th-century54
    "    "    "    N. arcade. Carved capitals55
    "    "    "    S. Tower, c. 16875
    "    "    "    Pulpit, c. 1700153
    "    "    "    Seating in N. aisle: E. block, early 16th-century52
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Two bench-ends52
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Nine popey-heads53
29. FARCET.
(2) Parish Church of St. Mary, 12th-century and later: Planp. 88
    "    "    "    "    West Tower, c. 1180–905
    "    "    "    "    Paten, c. 1500137
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, early 16th-century, made up 1612153
    "    "    "    "    Sedile in chancel, 13th-century141
(5) House, S. side of street, 180 yds. E. of church, dated 168447
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Entrance-doorway, dated 1684116
30. FEN STANTON.
Plan of village, showing positions of monumentsp. 94
(1) Parish Church of SS. Peter and Paul, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 91
    "    "    "    "    "    Chancel, c. 1350, from the N.E.57
    "    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century56
    "    "    "    "    "    Roof of N. aisle, early 16th-century46
    "    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup, 1619136
    "    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, early 16th-century152
(3) Clock Tower and Lock-up, late 17th-century166
(4) The Manor. Main staircase, early 18th-century165
(5) Barn N. of the Manor, early 17th-century150
(15) House, S. side of street, 160 yds. W. of church, 16th-century71
31. FLETTON.
(2) Parish Church of St. Margaret, c. 1150 and later: dated Planp. 96
    "    "    "    "    E. bays of N. arcade, c. 11606
    "    "    "    "    Stone carvings in chancel, Pre-Conquest; foliage diaper, 12th-century58
    "    "    "    "    Standing-cross, W. of tower, c. 118050
    "    "    "    "    Font, late 16th-century9
32. FOLKSWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of St. Helen, 12th-century and later: Planp. 97
    "    "    "    "    Chancel-arch, mid 12th-century77
    "    "    "    "    "    Detail132
    "    "    "    "    "    N. doorway of Nave, c. 1150139
33. GIDDING, GREAT.
(1) Parish Church of St. Michael, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 99
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Chancel, 13th-century, with later windows; Nave, c. 1400; W. Tower, 14th-century; Spire, 15th-century60
    "    "    "    "    Internal wall-arcade, S. side of chancel, late 13th-century6
    "    "    "    "    Chest, in W. Tower, mid 17th-century146
    "    "    "    "    Communion Rails, early 17th-century151
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in chancel, late 13th-century140
34. GIDDING, LITTLE.
(1) Parish Church of St. John, early 17th-century and later: dated Planp. 101
    "    "    "    "    "    West Front, dated 171462
    "    "    "    "    Interior of Nave, looking W., showing wall-panelling and arcading, c. 171461
    "    "    "    "    Font of brass, 17th-century59
    "    "    "    "    Hour-glass stand, 17th-century59
    "    "    "    "    Lectern of brass, 17th-century59
35. GLATTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Nicholas, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 103
    "    "    "    "    N. vestry: Interior showing vaulting, early 16th-century77
    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, late 15th or early 16th-century5
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Beast on S.E. corner of parapet159
    "    "    "    "    Bell; 2nd, by Watts, Leicester, dated 15957
    "    "    "    "    Bracket in Chancel, 14th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Paintings in E. angles of Nave, late 15th or early 16th-century155
    "    "    "    "    Seating in Nave: two popey-heads, 15th-century154
(3) Cottage, E. side of road, 140 yds. S.E. of church, 17th-century163
(4) Addison Arms Inn, W. side of road, 270 yds. S.E. of church, c. 1700148
36. GODMANCHESTER.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 112
(3) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 107
    "    "    "    "    Buttress to S. wall of chancel, with carved wheel-panel, 13th-century35
    "    "    "    "    W. doorway and windows and inscribed panels, with date 162367
    "    "    "    "    Chair in chancel, late 17th-century40
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cups, 1559 and later 16th-century136
    "    "    "    "    Seating in Nave: traceried heads of panels, 15th-century63
    "    "    "    "    Stalls in chancel: late 15th-century. Part of S.W. block63
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Carved elbows66
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Carved misericords64, 65
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Carved popey-heads63
(5) Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School, Causeway, 130 yds. S.W. of church, c. 1560149
(6) Tudor House, Ermine Street, ¼-mile E.S.E. of church, dated 1600 and 1603. W. front69
    "    "    "    "    Back69
    "    "    "    "    Doorway in W. front, dated 1603160
(7) House, E. side Ermine Street, 500 yds. S.E. of church, dated 162569
(13) Porch Farm, London Road, 750 yds. S.S.E. of church. Porch, c. 1600160
(19) Cottage, N. side of Piper's Lane, 480 yds. S.S.E of church, 17th-century73
(25) Cottage, E. side of Duck End, 660 yds. S. of church, 17th-century73
(26) House, W. side of Duck End, 550 yds. S. of church, 17th-century73
(38) Belle Isle, house N. side of West Street, 920 yds. S.W. of church, 17th-century71
(39) House, S. side of West Street, 850 yds. S.W. by W. of church, dated 159369
(44) House, E. side of Causeway, 220 yds. S.S.W. of church, c. 160069
(48) House, E. side of Causeway, 100 yds. W.N.W. of church, 17th-century71
(60) Range of three houses, S. side of East Street, 140 yds. S. of church, dated 1611 and 161372
(67) House, S.W. side of Back Church Lane, 210 yds. E.S.E. of church, 16th-century71
(68) House, facing W. end of Cambridge Road, 370 yds. S.E. of church, dated 161371
(70) House, N. side of Cambridge Road, ¼-mile E.S.E. of church, 16th and 17th-century69
Ermine Street, looking N., showing monuments (8), (7) and (6)68
Causeway, looking N., showing monuments (48), (52), etc.68
37. GRAFHAM.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, c. 1250 and later: Planp. 116
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, late 14th or early 15th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Effigy of priest, in S. porch, early 14th-century10
38. GRANSDEN, GREAT.
Plan of village, showing positions of monumentsp. 121
(1) Parish Church of St. Bartholomew, 14th-century and later: dated Planp. 119
    "    "    "    "    Slab in W. Tower with indent of brass of Thomas de Neusum, Rector, 1301–28127
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in chancel, late 15th-century140
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, mid 17th-century153
    "    "    "    "    Seating in nave. Heads of panels, early 16th-century51
(3) Gransden Hall, 550 yds. W.N.W. of church, mid 17th-century and later; from the N.E.148
(4) Rippington Manor Farm, 40 yds E. of church. Stone fireplace, late 16th-century158
    "    "    "    Balustrade of Staircase, late 17th-century165
    "    "    "    Barn, late 16th-century150
(15) Safford's Farm, 350 yds. W.N.W. of the church. Barn, late 16th-century150
39. HADDON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 11th-century and later: dated Planp. 123
    "    "    "    "    Window, N. wall of chancel, mid 13th-century11
    "    "    "    "    Chancel-arch, early 12th-century70
    "    "    "    "    "    Capital of N. respond111
    "    "    "    "    Capital and corbel, W. respond of S. arcade, 13th-century118
40. HAIL WESTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Nicholas, late 13th-century and later: Planp. 125
41. HAMERTON.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, early 14th-century and later: Planp. 126
    "    "    "    "    Corbel of chancel-arch, early 14th-century, partly re-cut118
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, late 15th-century5
    "    "    "    "    Figures in roof of S. aisle, 15th-century46
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1674136
(3) Bridge over Alconbury Brook, 17th-century or earlier131
(4) Manor Farm, late 16th-century74
42. HARTFORD.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: Planp. 128
(2) Earthwork, possibly mount and bailey, 2 miles N.N.W. of church: Planp. 129
(3) Manor House, 320 yds. N.E. of church, late 15th or early 16th-century72
43. HEMINGFORD ABBOTS
(1) Parish Church of St. Margaret, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 131
    "    "    "    "    Interior looking S.E., showing S. arcade, c. 1300, and clear-storey, c. 1500 with remains of earlier windows75
    "    "    "    "    "    Soffit of first bay of roof of Nave, early 16th-century46
(5) Whitehall, 340 yds. W.N.W. of church, 17th-century148
44. HEMINGFORD GREY.
(1) Parish Church of St. James, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 134
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Chancel and Aisle, 13th and 14th-century; Clearstorey, c. 1500; Tower, late 14th-century76
    "    "    "    "    Interior showing N. arcade, 12th and 13th-century77
(2) Manor House, mid 12th-century and later: Planp. 135
    "    "    "    From the S.W. showing original window78
    "    "    "    "    Window, in S. wall, 12th-century116
(3) The Old Rectory, N.E. of church, early 18th-century149
(4) House, formerly the Anchor Inn, 100 yds. S.E. of church, 17th-century73
(7) Glebe Cottage, 400 yds. S.E. of church, dated 1583163
45. HILTON.
(1) Parish of Church St. Mary Magdalene, 13th-century and later: Planp. 137
    "    "    "    "    "    Cross in W. wall of Tower, early 13th-century50
(2) The Maze, 230 yds. N.E. of the church, 1660: Planp. 138
    "    "    Stone pier of 1729 recording the forming of the maze in 1660142
(3) St. John's College Farm, 620 yds. N.W. of church, late 15th-century72
(4) Hilton Hall, from the S., early 17th-century149
    "    "    Staircase, early 17th-century164
    "    "    Pigeon-house, late 17th-century166
(8) Cross Roads Farm, 400 yds. N. of church, 17th-century72
(16) House, formerly Red Cow Inn, 120 yds. N.E. of church, 15th-century73
(17) Cottage, called the Old Vicarage, 250 yds. N.E. of church, 17th-century73
46. HOLME.
(3) Cottage, 240 yds. E. of church, late 17th-century148
47. HOLYWELL-CUM-NEEDINGWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, Holywell, 13th-century and later: Planp. 140
(19) House at E. corner of Church Street and High Street, Needingworth, 17th-century73
48. HOUGHTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: Planp. 143
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Stone seat at W. end of N. aisle, 13th-century141
(3) House, E. side of road, 300 yds. N.N.E. of church, late 16th or early 17th-century72
49. HUNTINGDON.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 157
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 145
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Tower, late 14th-century, remainder mostly late 15th or early 16th-century79
    "    "    "    "    Carved figures from the Nave-roof, now in the Archdeacon's Library, early 16th-century159
(2) Parish Church of St. Mary, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 147
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway of chancel, early 13th-century82
    "    "    "    "    S. arcade of Nave, mid 13th-century81
    "    "    "    "    Corbel of W. respond of S. arcade, mid 13th-century132
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, late 14th-century80
    "    "    "    "    W. doorway, late 14th-century81
    "    "    "    "    Chest in Tower, early 17th-century146
(6) The Castle, mount and bailey: Planp. 150
    "    "    "    "    "    From the S.83
(8) Huntingdon Bridge, c. 1300 and later: Planp. 151
    "    "    W. side83
    "    "    W. side of second arch from N.131
(9) The Nuns' Bridge, 15th or 16th-century, E. side131
(10) Hinchingbrooke (house), dating from the 16th century or earlier: Planp. 153
    "    "    From the S.W. S.W. Tower, mid 16th-century84
    "    "    N. Front, mid 16th-century and later86
    "    "    Bay-window, dated 1602, re-built later against S. Front85
    "    "    N.W. range, mid 16th-century and later. E. side88
    "    "    "    "    W. side89
    "    "    Great Staircase. Part of dado, late 17th-century119
    "    "    Library. Re-set panels in door, early 16th-century119
    "    "    Gatehouse, mid 16th-century with earlier material87
(12) Grammar School, formerly St. John's Hospital, 12th-century: Planp. 156
    "    "    From the S.W.90
(13) Walden House, now County Council Offices, late 17th-century91
(19) Ferrar's House, W. side of High Street, early 18th-century93
(22) George Hotel. Courtyard, 17th-century and later92
(28) House, S.W. side of High Street, 270 yds. S.E. of All Saints' Church. Fireplace, late 16th-century158
(29) Cowper House, S.W. side of High Street, early 18th-century93
50. HURST, OLD.
(1) Chapel of St. Peter, 13th-century and later: Planp. 162
    "    "    "    Font. late 13th-century9
(3) Manor Farm, 250 yds. S.E. of Chapel. Staircase, late 16th or early 17th-century164
    "    "    "    "    "    "    Barn, 17th-century150
51. KEYSTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 164
    "    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, mid 14th-century36
    "    "    "    "    "    "    W. front of W. Tower, mid 14th-century94
    "    "    "    "    "    "    Lectern, c. 164032
    "    "    "    "    "    "    Oak cadaver, late 15th or early 16th-century10
52. KIMBOLTON.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 174
(1) Parish Church of St. Andrew, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 168
    "    "    "    "    From the S.S.W. Tower and Spire, early 14th-century96
    "    "    "    "    Capital of W. respond, N. arcade, mid 13th-century55
    "    "    "    "    W. doorway and window, early 14th-century67
    "    "    "    "    Details of roofs of chapels and aisles, late 15th-century95
    "    "    "    "    Bell; 5th, by Watts, Leicester, dated 16347
    "    "    "    "    Glass; figure in S.W. window of S. Chapel, with name Symon, 15th-century157
    "    "    "    "    Monument in S. Chapel, to Essex, wife of Edward, Earl of Manchester, 165825
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup, late 16th-century136
    "    "    "    "    Alms-dish, c. 1660137
    "    "    "    "    Screen to N. Chapel, late 15th-century41
    "    "    "    "    Screen to S. Chapel, late 15th-century41
    "    "    "    "    Painted figures of saints on Screen to S. Chapel, late 15th-century19
(2) Kimbolton Castle, 1525 and later: Planp. 171
    "    "    From the S.E. Fronts by Sir John Vanbrugh, early 18th-century42
    "    "    From the S.W. Fronts by Vanbrugh97
    "    "    Courtyard from the N.W., late 17th-century98
    "    "    Courtyard: Rainwater-pipes, late 17th-century159
    "    "    Chapel. Interior, looking S.W., early 18th-century119
    "    "    Great Staircase, partly early 18th-century100
(5) Stonely Priory, 15th or early 16th-century. From the S.W.47
(19) George Hotel. Staircase, 17th-century165
(20) House, S. side of High Street, 50 yds. S.W. of church. Staircase, 17th-century164
(39) House at Wornditch, 1 mile N.W. of church, early 17th-century71
High Street, looking N.W. showing monuments (8) to (16)3
53. KINGS RIPTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, 13th-century and later: Planp. 176
    "    "    "    "    Font, late 18th-century8
54. LEIGHTON BROMSWOLD.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 178
    "    "    "    "    Interior looking S.E. (Pulpits, screens and seating, c. 1630–40)100
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, 163499
    "    "    "    "    Chair in chancel, c. 170040
    "    "    "    "    Effigies in N. Transept of Sir Robert Tyrwhitt, 1572, and Elizabeth his wife, 1578103
    "    "    "    "    Effigy in N. Transept, said to be of Katherine, daughter of Sir R. Tyrwhitt and wife of Henry D'Arcy, 1567103
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in Chancel, mid 13th-century140
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1627136
    "    "    "    "    Pulpits, etc., in Nave, c. 1630–40101
    "    "    "    "    Rainwater-head, S. side of chancel, dated 163259
(2) The Castle, Gatehouse, now Vicarage, c. 1616. S. front102
    "    "    Earthworks: Planp. 181
56. MOLESWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, 13th-century and later: Planp. 182
    "    "    "    "    Arcade in N. wall of Chancel, c. 1270–806
    "    "    "    "    Wall-paintings in Nave, of St. Christopher and St. Anthony, late 15th or early 16th-century105
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1569136
57. MORBORNE.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 185
    "    "    "    "    Chancel-arch, mid 12th-century77
    "    "    "    "    Effigy in S. aisle of priest, 13th-century10
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in Chancel, 13th-century140
58. OFFORD CLUNY.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 13th-century and later: Planp. 186
    "    "    "    "    S.W. angle of S. aisle with gargoyle, late 15th or early 16th-century35
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, early 17th-century152
(6) House, W. side of road, 160 yds. S.S.E. of church, 17th-century72
(11) House, E. side of road, 470 yds. N.N.E of church, dated 1632, porch dated 1668102
59. OFFORD DARCY.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 189
    "    "    "    "    Slab (1) in N. aisle with effigies, mid to late 14th-century10
    "    "    "    "    Monument (2) in S. aisle, to Richard Nailour, 161625
    "    "    "    "    Remains of screen under chancel-arch, 14th-century106
    "    "    "    "    Table, in N. aisle, 17th-century151
(3) Manor House, 40 yds. S.S.W. of church. Overmantel on first floor, early 17th-century158
    "    "    Main Staircase, 17th-century164
60. ORTON LONGUEVILLE.
(2) Parish Church of Holy Trinity, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 192
    "    "    "    "    Font, 15th-century9
    "    "    "    "    Funeral-helm in N. chapel, early 17th-century59
    "    "    "    "    Effigy of Knight in N. chapel, c. 128010
    "    "    "    "    Painting of St. Christopher on N. wall of N. aisle, early 16th-century104
(4) Orton Hall. Doorway and pediment in E. front, with arms of Talbot, 16th-century116
    "    "    Carved woodwork in Dining Room, 16th and 17th-century119
    "    "    Roman remains—pavement, altar and milestone—from Chesterton2
61. ORTON WATERVILLE.
Plan of village showing positions of monumentsp. 197
(2) Parish Church of St. Mary, 12th-century and later: Planp. 195
    "    "    "    "    S. arcade. Capital of second pier, c. 1270–8055
    "    "    "    "    Bracket, E. wall of S. aisle, 15th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Chairs in Chancel, late 17th or early 18th-century40
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, late 16th-century107
    "    "    "    "    Stall and desk, 16th-century, altered subsequently40
(3) Manor Farm, dated 1571. W. front47
    "    "    Stone doorway, dated 1571116
(12) Dovecote at the Rectory, 130 yds. S.S.W. of church, 17th-century166
62. PAXTON, GREAT.
(1) Parish Church of the Holy Trinity, mid 11th-century and later: dated Planp. 199
    "    "    "    "    "    From the S.W. Clearstorey, 11th century; W. Tower, late 14th-century110
    "    "    "    "    "    Interior looking E. showing S. arcade, etc., 11th-century108
    "    "    "    "    "    Interior looking W., showing 11th-century transept-arches, Nave-arcades, etc.109
    "    "    "    "    "    Capital of column, S. arcade111
    "    "    "    "    "    Base of cross in churchyard, 15th-century142
    "    "    "    "    "    Door to S. aisle with ironwork of 13th-century161
    "    "    "    "    "    Screen under tower-arch, 15th-century41
63. PAXTON, LITTLE.
(1) Parish Church of St. James, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 202
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway, mid 12th-century, re-set later139
64. PIDLEY-CUM-FENTON.
(4) Manor Farm, 720 yds. E. of church. Staircase, late 17th-century164
65. RAMSEY.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 210
(1) Parish Church of St. Thomas of Canterbury, c. 1180 and later: dated Planp. 205
    "    "    "    "    "    Chancel, etc., Exterior from S.E.112
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Interior showing original windows and vaulting113
    "    "    "    "    "    Interior of Nave looking E., showing original arcades114
    "    "    "    "    "    Capitals of Nave-arcades, c. 1180111
    "    "    "    "    "    Lectern, 15th-century, partly restored32
(3) Ramsey Abbey, 13th-century and later: Planp. 208
    "    "    Remains of wall-arcades in basement, mid 13th-century116
    "    "    Effigy, in the house, late 13th-century115
    "    "    Oak door preserved in the basement, late 16th-century160
    "    "    Gatehouse, late 15th-century117
(4) Biggin Malting, 16th-century166
(5) Bodsey House, nearly 1½ miles N. of church, 14th-century and later. S. side130
67. RAVELEY, LITTLE.
(1) Parish Church of St. James, c. 1230 and later: Planp. 212
    "    "    "    "    Font, 15th-century9
68. ST. IVES.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 217
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 213
    "    "    "    "    Soffit of vault of W. Tower, c. 1470133
    "    "    "    "    Image-brackets in Nave, late 15th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Chest, dated 1703146
    "    "    "    "    Font, 13th-century9
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in S. aisle, early 13th-century140
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, late 16th or early 17th-century, on an earlier stem152
(3) The Bridge, late 14th or early 15th-century: Planp. 215
    "    "    "    "    "    "    E. sideFrontispiece
    "    "    "    "    "    "    Chapel, from N.E.121
(4) Bridge House, early 18th-century. E. front.120
(6) Manor House, N.W. side of Bridge Street, N. of Bridge, late 16th-century120
(7) House and shops, N.W. side of Bridge Street, N. of Manor House. Front, early 18th-century120
(9) House, N.W. side of Bridge Street, at corner of Merryland, 15th-century121
(10) House, S.E. side of Bridge Street, 30 yds. N. of the Bridge, late 17th or early 18th-century120
(12) Range of five houses, Waterside, 40 yds. S.E. of the Bridge, early 18th-century120
(19), (20), (21) Houses and shops, N.E. side of Market Place, 17th and early 18th-century120
(20) House and shop. Carved beam, re-set, early 16th-century119
(25) Royal Oak Inn, Crown Street. Back wing, late 17th-century121
(26) House and shop, Crown Street, next to Royal Oak Inn, early 18th-century121
(34) House, now store, S.E. side of Woolpack Lane, 25 yds. S.W. of Merryland, 17th-century120
(38) Green End Farm, 700 yds. N. of church, 17th-century121
    "    "    "    'Oliver Cromwell's Barn,' Exterior and Interior, late 16th-century121
69. ST. NEOTS.
Plan of town showing positions of monumentsp. 225
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 221
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Nave, etc., late 15th-century; Tower finished, c. 1530123
    "    "    "    "    Nave-roof, late 15th-century122
    "    "    "    "    Chest, in room over S. Porch, probably 16th-century146
    "    "    "    "    Communion Table, early 17th-century151
    "    "    "    "    Glass, re-set in window of room over S. Porch, 15th-century157
    "    "    "    "    Screen under W. arch of N. chapel. Detail, late 15th-century33
(2) The Bridge, possibly 14th-century and later. From the S.E.124
(3) Bridge Hotel, N.W. corner of Market Square. Plaster panel, late 17th-century159
    "    "    Remains of wall-painting, late 16th or early 17th-century119
(7) Angel Inn, N. side of Market Square, 140 yds. E. of the Bridge. Plaster panel, 17th-century119
71. SAWTRY.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints. Brasses in Chancel of Sir William le Moyne, 1404, and Mary his wife127
    "    "    "    "    Chest in Vestry, early 16th-century146
    "    "    "    "    Coffin-lid in Nave, 13th-century142
    "    "    "    "    Glass, re-set in S. windows of Chancel, 15th to 17th-century157
    "    "    "    "    Stools, 17th-century40
72. SAWTRY JUDITH.
(1) Sawtry Abbey, 12th-century, now destroyed: Planp. 230
73. SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON.
(2) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, Stibbington, 12th-century and later: Planp. 232
    "    "    "    "    "    W. doorway, 12th-century126
    "    "    "    "    "    Font, late 12th or early 13th-century8
(3) Stibbington Hall, dated 1625. S.W. Front128
    "    "    "    "    Staircase164
    "    "    "    "    Gateway to Courtyard116
(4) The Haycock, S. of Wansford Bridge, probably c. 1632. From the N.W.129
(5) Wansford Bridge, dated 1577, 1672 and 1674. W. side125
(6) Stibbington Rectory, late 16th-century130
(7) Stibbington Manor, 150 yds. W. of church, c. 1625130
(8) Farmhouse at Sibson, 1,200 yds. S.S.E. of Stibbington Church, c. 1600130
(9) Sibson Manor House, ¾ mile S.S.E. of Stibbington Church, c. 1630130
74. SOMERSHAM.
(2) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 236
    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, early 14th-century5
(4) Somersham Park, 300 yds. S. of church. Bridge across moat, mediæval and later131
75. SOUTHOE.
(1) Parish Church of St. Leonard, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 240
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway, c. 1160–70, re-set later126
76. SPALDWICK.
(1) Parish Church of St. James, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 242
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Chancel, nave, etc., 14th-16th century; W. Tower and Spire 14th-century96
    "    "    "    "    N. doorway of Nave, late 12th-century139
    "    "    "    "    Spire; soffit, looking up, late 14th-century133
    "    "    "    "    Chest in S. aisle, 17th-century146
    "    "    "    "    Screen to S. Chapel, early 16th-century41
(4) Bridge over brook, 15th-century and later131
High Street looking W. showing (7) Manor Farm, c. 1600 and (6) George Inn, early 17th-century3
77. STANGROUND.
(2) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 246
    "    "    "    "    "    From the S.E; mostly c. 1300–1310134
    "    "    "    "    "    Font, c. 13009
    "    "    "    "    "    Piscina in Chancel, early 14th-century140
    "    "    "    "    "    Remains of screen, W. end of N. chapel. Detail, 15th-century51
    "    "    "    "    "    Popey-head of bench-end in Nave, 15th-century154
(3) Horsey Hill Fort: Planp. 247
(4) Lampass Cross, now in Vicarage garden, 11th or 12th-century50
(6) House, E. side of street, 320 yds. S.S.E. of church, 17th-century130
78. STAUGHTON, GREAT.
(1) Parish Church of St. Andrew, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 249
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Nave, Chancel, etc., 13th-16th-century; Tower, early 16th-century76
    "    "    "    "    Soffit of vault to recess in N. Chapel, early 16th-century133
    "    "    "    "    Bells; 4th by William Dawe, c. 1400 and 5th by Watts, dated 16007
    "    "    "    "    Communion rails, late 17th-century151
    "    "    "    "    Funeral-helm and gauntlets, early 17th-century59
    "    "    "    "    Monuments (1) in chancel of Sir James Deyer, 1580, Margaret, his wife, 1560, Sir Richard Deyer, 1605 and Marie, his wife, 1601135
    "    "    "    "    Monument (5) in S. aisle of Sir George Wauton, 1606135
(3) Old Manor Farm, 1 mile S.W. of church. Moat: Planp. 252
(5) Place House, late 16th-century, altered later. From the S.W.92
    "    "    Barns, N.E. of house, late 16th-century150
(6) Gaynes Hall. Remains of effigy now in garden, mid 13th-century115
(9) Village Cross, Staughton Highway, 700 yds. E. of church, dated 1637142
79. STEEPLE GIDDING.
(1) Parish Church of St. Andrew, 12th-century and later: Planp. 256
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Monument in Chancel, of Mary, wife of Roger Kinyon, 171425
80. STILTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 13th-century and later: Planp. 258
    "    "    "    "    Coffin-lid in S. aisle, late 12th-century142
(2) Bell Inn, E. side of Great North Road, with date 1642. W. front.138
81. STOW, LONG.
(1) Parish Church of St. Botolph, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 261
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway of Chancel, 12th-century, re-set 13th-century139
    "    "    "    "    S. doorway of S. aisle, c. 1270; doors, early 16th-century82
    "    "    "    "    Bell by Henry Jordan, 15th-century7
    "    "    "    "    Monument in Chancel to Sir Thomas Maples, 1634–525
    "    "    "    "    Paten, 1491137
(3) Village Cross, 240 yds. S.S.E. of church, 15th-century, top modern142
(4) Prebend Farm. Pigeon-house; Interior and Exterior, early 17th-century166
(6) House, 460 yds. E. of church on N. side of road. Carved panel, early 17th-century119
82. STUKELEY, GREAT.
(1) Parish Church of St. Bartholomew, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 264
    "    "    "    "    Interior showing N. arcade, 13th-century, etc.6
    "    "    "    "    Capital of middle column, S. arcade, 13th-century55
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower, late 15th-century5
    "    "    "    "    Corbels, N.E. and S.E. corners of former vault in W. Tower, late 15th-century133
    "    "    "    "    Indent (2) in N. aisle, 14th-century and early 16th-century127
    "    "    "    "    Font, 13th-century8
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1624137
83. STUKELEY, LITTLE.
(1) Parish Church of St. Martin, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 267
    "    "    "    "    N. arch of chancel, Re-set voussoirs, 12th-century132
    "    "    "    "    Bracket over middle column N. arcade, late 15th or early 16th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Bracket on E. respond, S. arcade, late 15th or early 16th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Bracket on E. wall, S. chapel, late 15th or early 16th-century118
    "    "    "    "    Font, 15th-century9
(11) House, formerly Swan and Salmon Inn, at the crossroads, dated 1676149
84. TETWORTH.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 270
    "    "    "    "    Monument, N.E. of Nave, of Sir Humphrey Winche, 1624–544
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup, Elizabethan, and Cover-paten, undated136
85. TILBROOK.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 273
    "    "    "    "    From the S.W. W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century60
    "    "    "    "    Interior looking E., showing N. arcade, mid to late 13th-century, etc.143
    "    "    "    "    Roof of N. chapel. Angel at foot of principal, late 15th-century46
    "    "    "    "    Piscina in chancel, 14th-century140
    "    "    "    "    Chancel screen and Rood-loft, 16th-century144
    "    "    "    "    Chancel screen. Details of painted panels and soffit of Rood-loft145
    "    "    "    "    Screen to N. chapel, 15th-century145
86. TOSELAND.
(1) Parish Church of St. Michael, 12th-century and later: Planp. 275
    "    "    "    "    Capital of S. respond of Chancel-arch, mid 12th-century111
    "    "    "    "    S. Doorway and window of Nave, mid 12th-century70
(3) Toseland Hall, c. 1600. Planp. 276
    "    "    "    "    S. Front147
    "    "    "    Staircase164
    "    "    "    "    Barn, W. of house, c. 1600150
87. UPTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Margaret, 12th-century and later: Planp. 278
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, 15th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Communion Table (in Vestry) early 17th-century151
    "    "    "    "    Font, late 12th-century bowl, 13th-century stem8
88. UPWOOD.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, c. 1100 and later: dated Planp. 280
    "    "    "    "    N. arcade, 12th-century77
    "    "    "    "    Monument in chancel to Peter Phesaunt, 1649, and Mary his wife25
    "    "    "    "    Alms-dish, early 15th-century, Spanish137
89. WARBOYS.
(1) Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene, 12th-century and later: dated Planp. 283
    "    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, mid 13th-century36
    "    "    "    "    "    Chancel-arch, mid 12th-century132
    "    "    "    "    "    Coffin-lid in churchyard, early 14th-century142
    "    "    "    "    "    Font, early 13th-century8
    "    "    "    "    "    Knocker on N. door of chancel, possibly late 12th-century59
(2) Manor House, early 17th-century. E. Front148
    "    "    "    "    Staircase164
(3) The Rectory. Entrance-doorway, early 18th-century, re-set160
(4) White Hart Inn, N. side of High Street, mid 17th-century149
92. WATER NEWTON.
(1) Roman Houses: Planp. 285
(2) Parish Church of St. Remigius, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 286
    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, early 14th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Piscina, 14th-century, and Sedilia, c. 1300, in chancel141
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup, 1636136
    "    "    "    "    Popey-heads to bench-ends in Chancel, c. 1500154
(3) Rectory, early 18th-century130
(4) Water Newton House, 150 yds. S.S.W. of church, early 17th-century. From the S.W.130
    "    "    "    "    Staircase, late 17th-century165
93. WESTON, OLD.
(1) Parish Church of St. Swithin, 13th-century and later: Planp. 288
    "    "    "    "    W. Tower and Spire, late 14th-century4
    "    "    "    "    Font, probably 14th-century, modern stem and base8
    "    "    "    "    Painting of St. Margaret on N. splay of E. window of S. aisle, 14th-century104
    "    "    "    "    Painting, possibly Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist, on S. wall of S. aisle, 14th-century155
(2) Model Farm, 460 yds. E.N.E. of church. Staircase, early 17th-century165
(3) House, S. side of road, 300 yds. N.E. of church, 17th-century71
(8) House, E. side of road, 840 yds. E.N.E. of church, 17th-century72
94. WINWICK.
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th-century and later: Planp. 291
    "    "    "    "    Font, early 13th-century, bowl re-cut8
95. WISTOW.
(1) Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, early 14th-century and later: dated Planp. 293
    "    "    "    "    "    Interior looking S.W. showing S. arcade and clearstorey, late 15th or early 16th-century61
    "    "    "    "    "    Door in S. doorway, with ironwork of the 14th century161
    "    "    "    "    "    Glass in W. window of S. aisle, early 15th-century157
    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    "    Detail156
(2) Wistow Bridge, 16th or 17th-century with modern widening131
(3) Limetree Farm, 350 yds. S.W. of church. Panelling, early 18th-century158
96. WOODHURST.
(1) Chapel of St. John the Baptist, 12th-century and later: Planp. 295
(3) Stone, called the ' Abbot's Chair,' probably base of a mediæval cross, 1¼ mile S.W. of Chapel142
97. WOODSTONE.
(2) Parish Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury, Font, late 13th-century8
    "    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1569136
    "    "    "    "    "    Bowl, 1630137
98. WOOD WALTON.
(1) Parish Church of St. Andrew, 13th-century and later: Planp. 298
    "    "    "    "    N. arcade, early 16th-century77
    "    "    "    "    Glass in N.W. window of Chancel with figures of SS. Katherine and Lawrence, late 13th or early 14th-century157
(2) Castle Hill, motte and bailey, 700 yds. N.N.E. of church: Planp. 299
99. WOOLLEY.
(1) Parish Church of S.t Mary, c. 1300 and later: dated Planp. 300
    "    "    "    "    Communion Cup and Cover-paten, 1570136
100. WYTON
(1) Parish Church of All Saints, 12th or 13th-century and later: Planp. 302
    "    "    "    "    Capital of first pier of N. arcade, c. 1200–1055
    "    "    "    "    N. door with ironwork of the 13th century161
(4) Three Jolly Butchers Inn, S. side of road, 220 yds. N.E. of church, dated 1622. Carved beam119
Village Street, looking E., showing monuments (2) dated 1648, (3) late 16th or early 17th-century and (6) 17th-century3
101. YAXLEY.
(1) Parish Church of St. Peter, 13th-century and later: dated Planp. 304
    "    "    "    "    From the S.E. Windows, etc., 13th-15th-century; Tower and Spire, late 15th-century162
    "    "    "    "    Monument in N. Transept, of heart-burial, c. 1300127
    "    "    "    "    Piscina and Sedilia in N. Chapel, late 13th-century141
    "    "    "    "    Pulpit, dated 1631, on 15th-century stem152
    "    "    "    "    Stalls in Chancel, late 15th-century51
(3) House, S. side of Church Lane, 100 yds. S.E. of church. Staircase, late 17th-century165
(10) House, three tenements, 700 yds. E.N.E. of church, late 16th-century163
102. YELLING.
(1) Parish Church of Holy Cross, c. 1180–90 and later: Planp. 309


Next:-->
Preface