Coppingford

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1926

Supporting documents

Page

64

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Coppingford', An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire (1926), pp. 64. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=123759 Date accessed: 21 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

20. COPPINGFORD (B.c.).

(O.S. 6 in. XIII S.W.)

Coppingford is a small parish 7 m. N.W. of Huntingdon. There is no church.

Secular

(1). Homestead Moat, in Coppingford Spinney, 250 yards W. of the cross-roads in the hamlet. There are remains of an outer enclosure.

(2). Cottage, about 150 yards E. of (1), is of two storeys with attics, timber-framed and plastered; the roofs are thatched. It was built in the first half of the 17th century and has modern additions on the E. Some of the timber-framing is exposed at the N. and S. ends. Inside the building the original ceiling-beams are exposed, and in the modern addition is an original door with panelled lower part and open upper part filled with flat shaped balusters or splats.

In the garden are a number of fragments of worked and moulded stone including part of an early 17th-century door-head.

Condition—Poor.



<--Previous:
Conington
Next:-->
Covington