Bullingham, Lower

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1931

Supporting documents

Page

34

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Bullingham, Lower', An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 1: South West (1931), pp. 34. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=124317 Date accessed: 23 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

12 BULLINGHAM, LOWER (D.b.)

(O.S. 6 in. XXXIX, N.E.)

Lower Bullingham is a parish, on the right bank of the Wye, 2 m. S.E. of Hereford.

Secular

(1). Barn, at Watery Lane Farm, 200 yards S.S.E. of the cross-roads in the village, is timber-framed, with brick nogging; the roof is covered with slates. The barn was built in the 17th century, and adjoining it is another outbuilding with some timber-framing of the same date.

Condition—Good.

(2). Cottage, at the cross-roads, opposite the Convent School, is of one storey with attics; the walls are timber-framed and plastered. It was built in the 17th century and the timber-framing is exposed.

Condition—Good.



<--Previous:
Bridstow
Next:-->
Callow