Newton

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1934

Supporting documents

Page

153

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Newton', An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 3: North West (1934), pp. 153. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=124647 Date accessed: 28 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

58 NEWTON (D.d.)

(O.S. 6 in. XIX, S.E.)

Newton is a small parish 3½ m. S. or Leominster.

Secular

(1). Cottage, on the N.W. side of the road, 350 yards W. of the railway, is of two storeys, timber framed, and with a roof of stone slates. It was built in the 17th century, and has some exposed external framing and internal ceiling-beams.

Condition—Fairly good.

(2). Cottage, 320 yards W.S.W. of (1), and of the same type and date, has a slate-covered roof. Some external framing and ceiling-beams are exposed.

Condition—Good.



<--Previous:
Monnington-on-Wye
Next:-->
Norton Canon