11 BREDENBURY (C.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. (a)XX, N.E., (b)XXI, N.W.)
Bredenbury is a small parish 2 m. N.W. of Bromyard.
Wicton Farm is the principal monument.
a(1). Parish Church of St. Andrew was built in
1876–7. The old church, demolished in 1876, stood
near Bredenbury Court.
Fittings—Plate: includes a cup of 1650 given by
Margaret Saunders, and a pewter flagon and stand-paten. Miscellanea: In churchyard—font-bowl from
Wacton (see under that place), and a second smaller
b(2). Wicton Farm (Plate 25), house, 1¼ m. E.S.E.
of the church, is of two storeys with cellars and attics;
the walls are timber-framed and the roofs are tiled. It
was built early in the 16th century on an L-shaped plan
with a cross-wing at the W. end. The house was
extended to the W. in the 17th century. The N. and
E. sides of the house have exposed timber-framing
mostly of fairly close-set type; the upper storey at
the N. end of the cross-wing has the timbers set
diagonally in square panels; the gable has small
square panels with segmental timbers across the
angles, forming an ornamental design; the gable
projects on a moulded bressummer with carved brackets
springing from attached buttresses or shafts. Inside
the building are exposed ceiling-beams and joists.