2 ALLINGTON (B.d.)
(O.S. 6 in. XXXVIII, N.W.)
Allington is a small parish adjoining that of Bridport
on the N.W. The church, a building of 1827, is now
in the borough of Bridport.
(1) Middle Pymore Farm, house in the N.E. part
of the parish, is of two storeys; the walls are of rubble
and the roofs are slate-covered. It was built probably
early in the 18th century and has an original fireplace
and some exposed ceiling-beams.
(2) New Close Farm, house 600 yards S.W. of (1),
is of two storeys with attic; the walls are of roughly
squared and coursed stone patched with brick and the
roofs are thatched. It was built in the 17th century.
(3) Bilshay Cottage is 400 yards N.W. of (2) and
built of similar materials. It is of 17th-century date.
There is a small gabled W. porch.