Long time user?
An Inventory of Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Barnack Road', An Inventory of Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford (1977), pp. 68. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=129502 Date accessed: 23 September 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
Barnack Road (Fig. 111)
Originally the road to Barnack was a continuation
of Burghley Lane and ran across open fields. The
present road was made in 1796 after Enclosure and
the extension of Burghley Park over the former
open fields of St. Martins.
(105) Former Maltings, three storeys and attics,
coursed rubble walls, is early 19th-century (on Knipe's
map, 1833). It has two parallel, slated, mansard roofs,
returned at the S. end.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd