Help us grow
An Inventory of Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Elm Street', An Inventory of Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford (1977), pp. 81. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=129517 Date accessed: 25 October 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
Elm Street (Fig. 187)
This section of the extramural road was given the
name Elm Road in 1868.
(169) Elm Cottage (Fig. 98), two storeys, cellar
and attics, stone walls, plan approximating to class
10, is probably the house referred to in 1822 as
being newly built (Mercury, 3 May). It contains a
stone fireplace with angle-roundels.
Fig. 98 (169) Elm Cottage, Elm Street.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd