List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

A. P. M. Wright & C. P. Lewis (Editors)

Year published

1989

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Cambridge and the Isle of Ely: Volume 9: Chesterton, Northstowe, and Papworth Hundreds (1989), pp. X-XI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15300 Date accessed: 25 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

Thanks are offered to the Cambridge Antiquarian Society (abbreviated below as C.A.S.) for permission to reproduce photographs, drawings, and other material in their possession, and to the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), to the Cambridge University Collection of Air Photographs, to the Cambridgeshire Collection at the Cambridge City Library, to the Master and Fellows of Corpus Christi, and to the Master and Fellows of Trinity Colleges, Cambridge, for permission to reproduce photographs which are their copyright. Photographs dated 1988 are by A. P. Baggs. The photographs of drawings by T. Relhan are copyright of the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge.

Childerley Hall: the south wing. From a pen-and-wash drawing by T. Relhan, 1808, in C.A.S. collection facing page 12
Chesterton Tower. From an early 19th-century engraving in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 12
Elsworth: Brook Street flooded. Photograph, probably of the 1930s, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 13
Chesterton: the former ferry across the river Cam. Photograph, c. 1910, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 13
Chesterton: the Cambridge Science Park. Photograph, 1985, supplied by Trinity College, Cambridge " 28
Impington village college: a model of the Gropius and Fry design, 1939. Photograph (N.M.R.) " 28
North-west Cambridgeshire. From Baker's Map of Cambridgeshire (1821) " 29
Cottenham High Street. Photograph, 1898, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 60
Cottenham: Smithey Fen engine drain. Photograph, 1988 " 60
Histon: packing preserves in the Chivers factory. Photograph, 1894, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 61
Histon: the Chivers factory site in the 1950s. Photograph, 1958, from the Cambridgeshire University Collection of Air Photographs " 61
Dry Drayton House before demolition. From a pen-and-wash drawing by T. Relhan, c. 1810, in C.A.S. collection " 76
Histon: St Andrew's church and the Manor. From a pen-and-wash drawing by T. Relhan, c. 1810, in C.A.S. collection " 76
Rampton Manor. From a pen-and-wash drawing by T. Relhan, 1819, in C.A.S. collection " 77
Dry Drayton: a street with the village school and inn. Photograph, L. Cobbett, 1928, in C.A.S. collection " 77
Milton: William Cole's house. Photograph, W. A. Palmer, 1932, in C.A.S. collection " 77
Madingley Hall. From an engraving by J. Kip in Britannia Illustrata, Vol. I (1708), of a drawing by L. Knyff page 170
Oakington: the 'Three Graves' of dissenting preachers. From an engraving in The Youth's Monitor, May 1849 facing page 220
Long Stanton: St. Michael's church. From an engraving in J. R. & J. A. Brandon, Parish Churches (1848) " 220
Over church. Photograph, 1988 " 221
Boxworth church. Photograph, c. 1940, in C.A.S. collection " 221
Fen Drayton church from the south. Photograph, 1988 " 221
Denny Abbey, Waterbeach: the former refectory. From an engraving by S. and N. Buck, 1730 " 236
Landbeach church: the interior before restoration. Photograph of the mid 1870s in Landbeach Collectanea, pt. ii, in Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, Parker Library facing page 236
Waterbeach green. Photograph, J. Nichols, before 1878, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 237
Willingham High Street. Photograph, c. 1900, in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 237
Conington Hall. Photograph, J. H. Bullock, 1933, in C.A.S. collection " 364
Papworth Everard Hall. Photograph, 1988 " 364
Elsworth manor house. Photograph, L. Cobbett, 1933, in C.A.S. collection " 365
Papworth St. Agnes manor house. Photograph, L. Cobbett, 1928, in C.A.S. collection " 365
Over: peeling osiers. Photograph, B. J. Carter (undated), in the Cambridgeshire Collection " 380
Willingham: the drained mere. Photograph, 1971, from the Cambridge University Collection of Air Photographs (Crown Copyright/RAF photograph, reproduced by permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office) " 380
Swavesey parish church: the interior. Photograph, 1988 " 381
Swavesey: the Bethel chapel. Photograph, 1988 " 381
Swavesey: the Strict Baptist chapel. Photograph, 1988 " 381


Next:-->
List of maps