Victoria County History
A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred
W. R. Powell (Editor)
Note on abbreviations
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Kelvedon Hatch: Protestant nonconformity', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred (1956), pp. 70. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15563 Date accessed: 23 October 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
In 1829 nonconformist worship was being conducted
in a licensed house at Kelvedon Common by the Revd.
D. Smith an Independent
minister from Brentwood. (fn. 1)
It is possible that there was some continuity between
this congregation and that which later in the 19th
century met in the building now used as the village hall.
Services were conducted there by a visiting minister
until about 1890. (fn. 2) The building is timber-framed and
weather-boarded and was probably built early in the
19th century. (fn. 3)
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd