Norton Mandeville
Nonconformity

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

W. R. Powell (Editor)

Year published

1956

Supporting documents

Page

154

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Norton Mandeville: Nonconformity', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred (1956), pp. 154. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15622 Date accessed: 19 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

NONCONFORMITY

In 1875 land at Norton Heath was acquired for £10 from a Mr. Caton, and vested in trustees for the erection of a Congregational church. Among the trustees was George A. H. Woods, missionary of Cooks Mill Green, Writtle. (fn. 95) The church subsequently erected is now associated with those at Writtle and, Cooks Mill Green. (fn. 96) It is a small wooden building south of the main road to Chelmsford and is just inside High Ongar parish. (fn. 97)

Footnotes

95 Essex Congr. Union Deeds.
96 Congr. Year Bk. 1948.
97 E.C.U. Deeds.