In 1672 a room in Peter Foster's house in High
Ongar was licensed for worship by Congregationalists. (fn. 46)
In 1829 there was a small
Congregational society meeting at Paslow Wood Common, under the ministry of the Revd. Isaac Taylor of
Chipping Ongar (q.v.). (fn. 47) The attendance then numbered about 50, but there is no apparent evidence that
it continued for long.
The Gospel Hall at Marden Ash was founded
about 1900 as a result of the Tent Missions held in
the neighbourhood. It is a very small red-brick building. (fn. 48) A chapel in Mill Lane, founded about 1929,
was in connexion with the Gospel Hall, but is now
rented by the Baptists of Blackmore. (fn. 49) It is a small
||G. L. Turner, Orig. Recs. of Early
Nonconf. ii, 938.
||E.R.O., Q/CR 3/2.
||Inf. from Mr. D. W. Hutchings.