Hardwicke
Charities

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

C R Elrington, N M Herbert, R B Pugh (Editors), Kathleen Morgan, Brian S Smith

Year published

1972

Supporting documents

Page

188

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hardwicke: Charities', A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10: Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds (1972), pp. 188. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15821 Date accessed: 22 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

CHARITIES.

Apart from 6d. a year from land given for a light in the church, which was distributed to the poor until 1549 (fn. 71) when the Crown sold the land, (fn. 72) no endowed charity in the parish is recorded.

Footnotes

71 Trans. B.G.A.S. viii. 305.
72 Cal. Pat. 1549-51, 100.