Long time user?
Victoria County History
A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10: Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds
C R Elrington, N M Herbert, R B Pugh (Editors), Kathleen Morgan, Brian S Smith
Note on abbreviations
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Longney: Nonconformity', A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10: Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds (1972), pp. 205. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15835 Date accessed: 31 July 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
A room registered for
protestant nonconformist worship in 1819 and a
house registered in 1838 (fn. 61) were evidently for the
Congregationalists or Independents (fn. 62) who built a
chapel in 1839. (fn. 63) In 1851 there was no minister but
the chapel drew congregations of up to 100. (fn. 64) The
chapel, a building of red brick at Churchend, was
regularly used in 1968.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd