Victoria County History
A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10: Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds
C R Elrington, N M Herbert, R B Pugh (Editors), Kathleen Morgan, Brian S Smith
Note on abbreviations
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Moreton Valence: Nonconformity', A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10: Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds (1972), pp. 215. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=15842 Date accessed: 22 October 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
A group of dissenters
registered Moreton Hill Farm for use as a meetingplace in 1741. In 1805 a house in the parish was
registered for Independent worship, as was another
in 1810. (fn. 70) In 1825, however, there was no dissenters'
meeting-place in the parish. (fn. 71) In 1846 Quarter
Sessions licensed a house in Epney for nonconformist worship. (fn. 72) A house built in 1840, where in 1851
a Wesleyan meeting had an evening congregation of
20, (fn. 73) may have been the same one. No later record
of it has been found.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd