Woolstrop had a small share in the
charity of Giles Cox, founded by will dated 1620,
from which up to 1823 the hamlet had received a
total of £2. (fn. 79) The charity was regulated by a Scheme
of 1957; the income, for the general benefit of the
poor of Woolstrop, Whaddon, and Hempsted, (fn. 80) was
c. £6 a year in 1967. (fn. 81) Frances Hayward (d. 1786)
by will gave £100 to provide houses for the poor
of Quedgeley; the houses acquired (fn. 82) were apparently
those in School Lane occupied in the 20th century
by the schoolmaster and the district nurse. (fn. 83) In
1967 they were privately owned.
16th Rep. Com. Char. 64.
||Char. Com. Reg.
||Ex inf. the rector.
16th Rep. Com. Char. 64; Bigland, Glos. iii, no. 209.
||Ex inf. Mr. Winter.