Preston upon the Weald Moors
Nonconformity

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, D C Cox, Jessie McFall, P A Stamper, A J L Winchester

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

182

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Preston upon the Weald Moors: Nonconformity', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11: Telford (1985), pp. 182. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18125 Date accessed: 23 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

NONCONFORMITY.

A meeting house was registered at Preston in 1803. (fn. 73) In 1846 there was a Primitive Methodist mission at Kinley, connected with Leegomery and included in the Wrockwardine Wood circuit; (fn. 74) it was evidently short-lived. (fn. 75)

Footnotes

73 P.R.O., RG 31/7, Salop. no. 221.
74 S.R.O. 3605/1, pp. 158-9; above, Hadley, Nonconf.
75 Not mentioned in P.R.O., HO 129.