List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

Susan Reynolds (Editor)

Year published

1962

Supporting documents

Pages

11-12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. XI-XII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22217 Date accessed: 18 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

Thanks are due to the following for permission to reproduce photographs and drawings in their possession: Middlesex County Library (Ashford Branch); Boymans van Beuningen Museum, Rotterdam; City of London Guildhall Library; Wm. Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. and Mr. R. M. Robbins; Country Life; Firestone Tyre and Rubber Co. Ltd.; Heston and Isleworth Borough Library, Hounslow; the Hon. Mrs. Ionides; Metropolitan Water Board; National Buildings Record; Royal Commission on Historical Monuments; Society of Friends, Staines Meeting; Twickenham Borough Library.

Sunbury Church and the River Thames. From a photograph by Pix Photos Ltd. frontispiece
Shepperton Church and Square. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 facing page 14
Staines Bridge. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1928 " 14
Staines Bridge and Bush Inn, c. 1828. From a photograph in Ashford County Library of a drawing by 'E.G.B.' " 15
Staines, St. Mary's Church, 1796. From a drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, v, pt. 2, facing p. 244: illustrated edition in City of London, Guildhall Library " 15
Staines, St. Peter's Church. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 " 30
Former Friends' Meeting House, Staines. From an undated photograph in Staines Meeting House, by courtesy of the Society of Friends " 30
Stanwell Green. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 " 31
Chimney Shaft and Stand-pipe Tower, Hanworth Road Waterworks, Sunbury. From an undated drawing in the possession of the Metropolitan Water Board " 31
Teddington from the south-west. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1936 " 78
Teddington Lock. From an undated negative in the possession of Twickenham Library " 78
Junction of the Bath and Great West Roads. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1951 " 79
Isleworth Village and Syon House in 1635. From a facsimile (1876) in the British Museum (B.M. Maps K.189.a.11) of the map by Moses Glover in the possession of the Duke of Northumberland, Syon House " 90
Mock Siege of Buda on Hounslow Heath, 1687. From a drawing by Willem van de Velde in the Museum Boymans van Beuningen, Rotterdam " 91
Entrance Hall, Syon House. From a photograph by Country Life, 1 Dec. 1950, p. 1873 " 100
Osterley Park and Stables. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1932 " 101
Great West Road at Brentford. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1953, and reproduced by courtesy of the Firestone Tyre and Rubber Co. Ltd. " 101
The Toll Gates, Hounslow. From a print of 1864 in Hounslow Library " 112
The Market House, Hounslow. From a print of 1802 in Hounslow Library " 112
The Duchess of Kendal's Breakfasting House at Isleworth. From an engraving by W. H. Toms, published 1756, in the British Museum (B.M. Maps K.30.5.c) " 113
The Calico Mills, Isleworth. From an undated watercolour in the British Museum (BM. Maps K.30.5.g) " 113
Isleworth, Church of the Good Shepherd. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 " 128
Interior of All Saints' Church, Isleworth. From an undated photograph in Hounslow Library " 128
Opening of the London International College, Isleworth, 1867. Reproduced from the Illustrated London News, 20 July 1867, p. 64 " 129
Blue School, Isleworth. From an undated print in Hounslow Library " 129
The Riverside, Twickenham. From an undated photograph by Augustine Rischgitz in the possession of the National Buildings Record " 142
Montpelier Row, Twickenham. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 " 142
The Thames from Richmond Hill. From a painting by Antonio Joli (1700-77) in the possession of the Hon. Mrs. Ionides, reproduced from Country Life, 8 Sept. 1944, p. 420 " 143
Alexander Pope's house, Twickenham. From an engraving by J. Mason, published 1749, in the British Museum (B.M. Maps K.30.19.t) facing page 150
Whitton Park and Folly, Twickenham. From an engraving by W. Woollett, published 1757, in the British Museum (B.M. Maps K.30.21.c) " 150
Strawberry Hill, Twickenham, 1826. From a drawing by John Buckler in the British Museum (Add. MS. 36371, f. 10), and reproduced from Middlesex, by R. M. Robbins, by courtesy of Wm. Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. " 151
Gunpowder Mills, Hounslow Heath, Twickenham. From an undated print in Hounslow Library " 151
West Drayton Green. Photograph by Margaret Tomlinson, 1960 " 190
Greenford, Holy Cross Church, 1794. From a drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii, pt. 3, between pages 438-9: illustrated edition in City of London Guildhall Library " 190
Countess of Derby's Almshouses, Harefield. Photograph (1933) by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, reproduced by permission of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office " 258
Effigy of Alice, Countess of Derby, Harefield. Photograph (1933) by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, reproduced by permission of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office " 258
Dawley House, Harlington. From an undated engraving by Johannes Kip in the British Museum (B.M. Maps K.30.27) " 259