List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, M A Hicks, R B Pugh

Year published

1980

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. X-XI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22482 Date accessed: 23 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their possession thanks are rendered to: the Greater London Council Photographic Library; Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution; the National Monuments Record; North London News Ltd. Photographs dated 1979 were taken by A. P. Baggs. The coats of arms were drawn by C. W. Scott-Giles and H. Ellis Tomlinson.

Highgate: the chapel and Gatehouse in 1750. From an etching by John Chatelaine at City of London, Guildhall Library frontispiece
Urban District of Friern Barnet: coat of arms page 27
Friern Barnet: Whetstone High Road from the south c. 1900. Photograph supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library facing page 32
Friern Barnet: Friern Hospital (formerly Colney Hatch Asylum) from the west. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1968 " 32
Friern Barnet and Muswell Hill c. 1800. Watercolours from D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1) and iii (pt. 1): grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 33
Friern Barnet: Campe's Alms-houses
Muswell Hill: Mr. Porker's house
Friern Barnet: Manor House
Friern Barnet: St. James's Church
Suburban Houses " 48
Highgate: no. 28 Wood Lane. Photograph, 1976, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Finchley: no. 1 St. Mary's Avenue. Photograph, 1972, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Finchley: Glenroy, Seymour Road. From Building News, 1 July 1892, in Barnet Local History Library
Finchley: St. Mary's Church in 1798. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 2), p. 338: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 49
Finchley: St. Mary's Church. Photograph, 1979 " 49
Friern Barnet: All Saints' Church, Oakleigh Park. Photograph, 1979 " 49
Borough of Finchley: coat of arms page 79
London Borough of Barnet: coat of arms " 79
Highgate: Archway Road from the north-west. Photograph, 1979 facing page 80
Finchley: Park House, Hendon Lane. Photograph, 1979 " 80
Terraced Houses " 81
Friern Barnet: Goldsmith Road. Photograph, 1979
Finchley: Lincoln Road. Photograph, 1974, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Muswell Hill: Rookfield Estate. Photograph, 1979
Muswell Hill: Hillfield Park. Photograph, 1979
Hornsey: Shops in Crouch End Broadway and Tottenham Lane. Photograph, 1979 " 96
Hornsey: Town Hall. Photograph by Fox Photos Ltd., c. 1938 " 96
Highgate: Verandah Cottages, North Hill. Photograph, 1979 " 97
Highgate: High Point, North Road. Photograph, 1979 " 97
Highgate: Lauderdale House from the south-west c. 1835. From a lithograph by T. M. Baynes in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 128
Highgate: Ashurst House from the south in 1715. From an engraving by John Harris at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution " 128
Highgate: Pond Square c. 1790. From watercolours at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution facing page 129
View from the south
View from the north
Highgate Hill from the north in 1822. From an engraving by T. M. Baynes at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution " 144
Highgate High Street from the north-west. Photograph, 1965, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library " 144
Suburban Houses " 145
Finchley: Lodge Cottage, Nether Street. Photograph, 1969, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Highgate: no. 57 Cholmeley Park. Photograph, 1970, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Highgate: no. 16 Broadlands Road. Photograph, 1970, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Hornsey: house in Crescent Road, Crouch End. Photograph, 1979
Borough of Hornsey: coat of arms page 167
London Borough of Haringey: coat of arms " 167
Finchley: St. Marylebone burial ground in 1855. From the Illustrated London News, 17 March 1855 facing page 176
Highgate: St. Michael's Church from the south-east in 1832. From a drawing by G. A. Gillman in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 176
Hornsey: fire station at Stroud Green c. 1900. Photograph supplied by North London News Ltd. " 177
Hornsey: railway sidings south of Hornsey station, from the south-west. Photograph, 1979 " 177
St. Mary's Church, Hornsey " 192
The second church c. 1835. From an engraving by Benjamin Ferrey in City of London, Guildhall Library
Interior of the third church. Photograph, 1968, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Hornsey: the first church of St. Mary in 1798. From a pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 1), p. 52: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 193
Hornsey: St. John's Church, Brownswood Park. Photograph, 1979 " 193
Hornsey: interior of St. Luke's Church, Mayfield Road. Photograph by Gordon Barnes, 1965 (N.M.R.) " 193


Next:-->
List of maps