Finchley
Orthodox church

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, M A Hicks, R B Pugh

Year published

1980

Supporting documents

Page

91

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Finchley: Orthodox church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 91. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22511 Date accessed: 21 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

ORTHODOX CHURCH.

In 1948 Marian Fathers belonging to the Byelorussian Catholic Church acquired a large house in Holden Avenue, North Finchley. A chapel there, registered for public worship according to the Byzantine-Slavonic rite in 1952, contains an iconostasis featuring ancient icons from Byelorussia. Another house in Holden Avenue is used in mission work. (fn. 24)

Footnotes

24 Ex inf. Bishop C. Sipovich; G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 63602.