List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, C R Elrington (Editors), Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks

Year published

1982

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. X-XI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22536 Date accessed: 30 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their possession thanks are rendered to: the Greater London Council Photographic Library; London Borough of Brent, Grange Museum of Local History; London Borough of Ealing, Central Reference Library; London Borough of Hounslow, Chiswick Reference Library; the Museum of London; the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England). Photographs dated 1980 were taken by A. P. Baggs. The coats of arms were drawn by H. Ellis Tomlinson and Patricia A. Tattersfield.

East Acton: Manor House in the 18th century. From a painting at Goldsmith's Hall, London frontispiece
Acton: High Street and Belle Vue c. 1840. From a lithograph by J. J. Rawlins in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) facing page 16
Acton: Berrymead Priory c. 1840. From a lithograph by J. Needham in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 16
Acton: High Street looking east c. 1904. From a postcard in Ealing Central Reference Library " 17
Acton: high-rise flats in South Acton. Photograph 1980 " 17
Borough of Acton: coat of arms page 32
Acton: St. Mary's Church in 1795. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1), p. 4: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library facing page 32
Acton: Acton House c. 1800. From an engraving by J. P. Malcolm in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1), p. 14: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 32
Ealing Grove c. 1800. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 2), p. 228: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 33
Chiswick: Heathfield House c. 1800. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 2), p. 196: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 33
Chiswick: Mr. Stevenson's House c. 1800. From a water colour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 2), p. 209: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 33
Chiswick: Sutton Court in 1844. From an engraving by M. J. Starling in City of London, Guildhall Library " 33
Chiswick House from the river in 1750. From an engraving by P. Brooke in Chiswick Reference Library " 64
Old Chiswick from the river c. 1675. From a painting by Jacob Knyff in the Museum of London " 64
Chiswick: the Mall c. 1827. From a drawing by E. W. Cooke in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 65
Chiswick: Thornycrofts' works. From Pictorial World, 3 June 1886 (photograph N.M.R.) " 65
Chiswick: High Road at Turnham Green looking west. Photograph, 1980 " 80
Chiswick: Cubitt's Yacht Basin. Photograph 1980 " 80
Ealing: Town Hall. Photograph, 1976, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library " 81
Bedford Park: School of Art. Photograph by Bedford Lemeere, 1881 (N.M.R.) " 81
Borough of Brentford and Chiswick: coat of arms page 87
London Borough of Hounslow: coat of arms " 88
Ealing: Pitzhanger Manor House c. 1808. From an engraving by A. Warren from a drawing by Sir John Soane for D. Hughson, Description of London facing page 128
Ealing: Gunnersbury House c. 1780. From an engraving in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 2), p. 226: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library facing page 128
Brentford: Market House and Market Square in 1848. From an engraving in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 129
West Twyford: St. Mary's Church and Manor House c. 1800. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 3), p. 606: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 129
Brentford: St. Lawrence's Chapel in 1796. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1), p. 46: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 144
Brentford Bridge in 1802. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1), p. 56: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " 144
Ealing: St. Mary's Church in 1809. From an engraving by S. Woodburn in Ealing Central Reference Library " 145
Ealing: St. Mary's Church in 1890. From a photograph in Ealing Central Reference Library " 145
Borough of Ealing: coat of arms page 146
London Borough of Ealing: coat of arms " 147
Willesden: Stonebridge Park, proposed villas and church. From an engraving in the Grange Museum of Local History facing page 192
Willesden: Neasden Green in 1818. From a watercolour by W. H. Brooke in the Museum of London " 192
Ealing Village. Photograph, 1980 " 193
Willesden: Cambridge Gardens, Kilburn. Photograph, 1980 " 193
Ealing: office blocks in Uxbridge Road. Photograph, 1980 " 193
Willesden: Roundwood House c. 1890. From a photograph in the Grange Museum of Local History " 208
Willesden: Dollis Hill House c. 1917. From a photograph in the Grange Museum of Local History " 208
Willesden: St. Mary's Church in 1823. From a pencil sketch by G. Shepheard in City of London, Guildhall Library (Wakefield Prints) " 209
Willesden: Kilburn National schools c. 1860. From an engraving in the Grange Museum of Local History " 209
Borough of Willesden: coat of arms page 231
London Borough of Brent: coat of arms " 232


Next:-->
List of maps