West Twyford
Education

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, C R Elrington (Editors), Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks

Year published

1982

Supporting documents

Page

176

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'West Twyford: Education', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 176. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22597 Date accessed: 02 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

EDUCATION.

West Twyford council school, opened in 1937 in temporary premises in St. Mary's church hall for 100 infants, was attended in 1938 by 46. It closed in 1939 and another school opened in 1942. The present primary school was built in 1967 and had a roll of 286 children in 1968. (fn. 25)

Footnotes

25 Kearney, 'Twyford Abbey'; Mdx. C.C. List of Educ. Svces. (1957-64); Bd. of Educ., List 21, 1938 (H.M.S.O.).