List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T.F.T. Baker (Editor)

Year published

1995

Supporting documents

Pages

11-13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 10: Hackney (1995), pp. XI-XIII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22684 Date accessed: 30 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their possession, thanks are rendered to: City of London, Guildhall Library; the Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection and Print Collection); London Borough of Hackney, Hackney Archives Department (H.A.D.); the Museum of London; the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England). The coats of arms were drawn by Pamela Studd.

Plates between pages 90 and 91
1. Brickfields in Kingsland Road c. 1830. From a watercolour by C. H. Matthews in Greater London Record Office (Print Collection)
2. Balmes House in 1707. From an engraving in Guildhall Library, first published in J. Beeverell, Les Délices de la Grande Bretagne et d'Irlande (1707, revised edition 1727)
3. Spring Lane, Clapton, c. 1840. From a watercolour by C. Bigot in H.A.D.
4. High Street, Homerton, c. 1830. From a watercolour by G. Hawkins in H.A.D.
5. Hackney Wick c. 1825. From a watercolour by C. Bigot in H.A.D.
6. The White House, Hackney Marsh, in 1885. From a watercolour by C. Bromley in Guildhall Library
7. Lea Bridge in 1821. From an engraving, after a drawing by A. Burges, in H.A.D.
8. Kingsland Road in 1852. From a watercolour by C. H. Matthews in H.A.D.
9. Church Street c. 1750. From an aquatint of 1791 in H.A.D.
10. Shore Place c. 1730. From a pen and wash drawing in H.A.D.
11. Shacklewell Manor House c. 1720. From an engraving, published in 1800, in H.A.D.
12. Norris's House, Grove Street, in 1725. From a drawing by William Stukeley in the Museum of London
13. Barber's Barn, Mare Street, c. 1800. From a watercolour, possibly by T. Fisher, in H.A.D.
14. The Templars' House, Church Street, c. 1800. From an engraving in H.A.D.
15. Brooke House in 1750. From an etching by John Chatelaine in H.A.D.
16. Brooke House in 1844. From a watercolour by G. W. Toussaint in H.A.D.
17. Ward's House, Church Street, c. 1830. From a watercolour in H.A.D.
18. Hackney House c. 1730. From a lithograph, after a print by R. Ward, 1842, in Guildhall Library
19. Balmes House c. 1825. From a watercolour by C. H. Matthews in Guildhall Library
20. Assembly at the Mermaid in 1812. From a coloured engraving by Thomas Rowlandson in H.A.D.
21. Boxing at Hackney Wick in 1862. From a print in H.A.D.
22. Balloon Ascent from the Mermaid in 1811. From an engraving in H.A.D.
23. Frampton Park Road, northward from no. 49. Photograph, 1967, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
24. Chapman Road, nos. 86-100. Photograph, 1955, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
25. Cassland Road, nos. 20-54. Photograph, 1976, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
26. Pond Lane c. 1891. Photograph by A. Braddock in H.A.D.
27. Beechwood Road, northward from no. 17. Photograph, 1960, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
28. Lower Clapton Road, no. 162. Photograph, 1958, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
29. Laura Place, eastward from no. 13. Photograph, 1973, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
30. De Beauvoir Square, nos. 13 and 14. Photograph, 1975, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
31. Paragon Road, westward from no. 83. Photograph, 1976, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
32. Gibson Gardens flats. Photograph, 1966, in H.A.D.
33. Amhurst Road flats. Photograph, 1935, in N.M.R.
34. Morning Lane flats. Photograph, 1972, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
35. The London Orphan Asylum in 1826. From a coloured engraving, after a drawing by G. Hawkins, in H.A.D.
36. Hackney Town Hall, built 1865. From an engraving in H.A.D.
37. The French Hospital, built 1865. From a woodcut, after a drawing by D. Nanny, in H.A.D.
38. Brick Kilns at Upper Clapton c. 1830. From a watercolour in H.A.D.
39. Lea Bridge Mills c. 1845. From a watercolour by C. Bigot in H.A.D.
40. Spill's Ivoride Works, Homerton, c. 1880. From an engraving in H.A.D.
41. Matthew Rose's Store, Amhurst Road, in 1868. From a lithograph in H.A.D.
42. Berger's Factory c. 1865. From a photograph in H.A.D.
43. Hackney Electricity Generating Station. Photograph, 1937, in H.A.D.
44. The New Parish Church and Hackney Proprietary Grammar School c. 1840. From a lithograph by Dean & Munday in Guildhall Library
45. The Old Parish Church, partly demolished, in 1798. From a watercolour by John Varley in H.A.D.
46. West Hackney Church c. 1850. From an engraving by J. C. Carter in Guildhall Library
47. St. James's Church, Lower Clapton Road, in 1841. From a lithograph by Dean & Munday in Guildhall Library
48. St. Matthew's Church, Mount Pleasant Lane. Photograph, 1974, in N.M.R.
49. St. Paul's (West Hackney) Church. Photograph, 1965, in N.M.R.
50. St. Mark's Church, Sandringham Road. Photograph, 1960, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
51. St. John of Jerusalem's Church, Lauriston Road. Photograph, 1941, in Greater London Record Office (Photograph Collection)
52. St. Matthew's Church, Mount Pleasant Lane, interior. Photograph, 1967, in N.M.R.
53. Church of the Ark of the Covenant, Rookwood Road, interior. Photograph, 1966, in N.M.R.
54. Clapton Park Congregational Church, interior. Photograph, 1977, in N.M.R.
55. St. Barnabas's Church, Shacklewell Row, interior. Photograph, 1964, in N.M.R.
56. Church of the Ark of the Covenant, Rookwood Road. Photograph, 1966, in N.M.R.
57. The New Synagogue, Egerton Road, c. 1915. From a photograph in H.A.D.
58. Mare Street Baptist Church c. 1910. From a photograph in H.A.D.
59. Clapton House School c. 1830. From a lithograph, after a drawing by W. Gauci, in H.A.D.
60. Newcome's Academy c. 1815. From an engraving by R. Reeve in H.A.D.
61. Hackney Free and Parochial School in 1886. From a photograph by A. Braddock in H.A.D.
62. Design for the Grocers' Company's Schools, by W. C. Brangwyn, 1875. From a cutting in H.A.D.
63. Robinson's Retreat c. 1830. From a watercolour in H.A.D.
64. Hackney Workhouse c. 1830. From a watercolour by B. Saunders in H.A.D.
65. Monger's Almshouses in 1815. From a watercolour by R. B. Schnebbelie in H.A.D.
66. The German Hospital, extension at rear. Photograph, c. 1936, in N.M.R.
Borough of Hackney: coat of arms page 106
London Borough of Hackney: coat of arms " 107


Next:-->
List of maps