List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T.F.T. Baker (Editor)

Year published

1998

Supporting documents

Pages

11-12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. XI-XII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22723 Date accessed: 02 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their possession, thanks are rendered to: the British Museum; City of London, Guildhall Library; Docklands Light Railway Ltd; Hunting Aerofilms Ltd.; Mr. Nathaniel Kornbluth; London Metropolitan Archives (formerly G.L.R.O.), Photograph Collection; the Mercers' Company; the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England); London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Local History Library and Archives (T.H.L.H.L.); the Morning Star; the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Plates between pages 138 and 139

Stepney
1. Stepney Village and Clevestreet in 1615. From a plan of the Colet estate in the possession of the Mercers' Company
2. Ratcliff Highway in 1615. From a plan of the Colet estate in the possession of the Mercers' Company
3. Anglo-Saxon panel in the parish church. Photograph, 1965, in N.M.R.
4. St. Dunstan's and All Saints' Parish Church, interior. Photograph, 1965, in N.M.R.
5. The Thames Tunnel: plan and section in 1827. From an aquatint by W. Westall in Guildhall Library
6. The Regent's Canal in 1935. From a pen and ink drawing by Nathaniel Kornbluth in Guildhall Library
7. The Docklands Light Railway at Heron Quays c. 1996. From a photograph in the possession of Docklands Light Railway
8. King John's Gate in 1791. From an engraving in Guildhall Library
9. Lady Wentworth's house in 1834. From an engraving by I. T. Lewis in T.H.L.H.L.
10. St. Dunstan's Parish Church in 1794. From an anonymous pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 2), p. 428: grangerized copy in Guildhall Library
11. St. Dunstan's and All Saints' Parish Church. Photograph, 1965, in N.M.R.
12. Coopers' Almshouses in 1898. From a watercolour by J. P. Emslie in Guildhall Library
13. Bowry's Almshouses in 1857. From a watercolour by T. H. Shepherd in the British Museum
14. Fuller's Almshouses c. 1850. From a watercolour by T.H. Shepherd in the British Museum
15. Pemel's Almshouses c. 1850. From a watercolour by T. H. Shepherd in the British Museum
Bethnal Green
16. Cambridge Heath Road, west side, in 1819. From an engraving by R. B. Schnebbelie in the Victoria and Albert Museum
17. Bonner's Hall in 1794. From an anonymous pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, ii (pt. 1), p. 32: grangerized copy in Guildhall Library
18. Remains of Aldgate House in 1800. From an engraving by J. P. Malcolm in Guildhall Library
19. Netteswell House, Victoria Park Square. Photograph, undated, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
20. Victoria Park Square, no. 17. Photograph, 1932, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
21. Paradise Row, nos. 1-11. Photograph, 1971, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
22. Cambridge Heath Turnpike in 1813. From a coloured engraving by Thomas Rowlandson in the British Museum
23. Kirby's Castle in 1794. From and anonymous pen and wash drawing in T.H.L.H.L.
24. Dog Row. Photograph, 1910, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
25. Cheshire Street. Photograph, 1955, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
26. Sclater Street. Photograph, 1955, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
27. Hackney Road, nos. 375-85. Photograph, 1966, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
28. Cambridge Heath Road, nos. 208-10. Photograph, 1974, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
29. Bishop's Way, nos. 111-89. Photograph, 1977, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
30. Butler Street, rear of nos. 7-12. Photograph, undated, in T.H.L.H.L.
31. Anglesea Street, nos. 4-26. Photograph, 1957, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
32. Boundary Street area before clearance c. 1890. Photograph in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
33. Boundary Street estate in 1903. Photograph in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
34. Cranbrook estate from the south-west. Photograph, c. 1965, by Hunting Aerofilms Ltd.
35. Brady Street Dwellings. Photograph, 1978, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
36. Newling estate. Photograph, 1965, in London Metropolitan Archives (Photograph Collection)
37. Waterlow estate, model dwellings of 1869. Photograph, 1966, in T.H.L.H.L.
38. Collingwood House, Collingwood estate. Photograph, 1955, in T.H.L.H.L.
39. St. Matthew's Church in 1817. From a watercolour by G. Shepherd in Guildhall Library
40. Palestine Place Chapel c. 1840. From lithograph by F. Jones in Guildhall Library
41. St. Barnabas's Church. Photograph, 1944, in N.M.R.
42. St. Peter's Church. Photograph, 1964, in N.M.R.
43. St. John the Baptist's Church. Photograph, 1994, by A. F. Kersting
44. Brick Lane: street market in 1903. Photograph in T.H.L.H.L.
45. Brick Lane: demonstration. Photograph in Morning Star, 14 June 1976.