List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

D A Crowley (Editor), A P Baggs, J Freeman, C Smith, J H Stevenson, E Williamson

Year published

1999

Supporting documents

Pages

8-10

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 16: Kinwardstone Hundred (1999), pp. VIII-X. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=23028 Date accessed: 02 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

Thanks are rendered to the following for permission to reproduce material: Aerofilms Ltd.; the earl of Cardigan; the Conway Library, Courtauld Institute of Art, for photographs of paintings by John Buckler in Devizes Museum; Country Life (©Country Life Picture Library); A. F. Kersting; Roger Pope, for the photograph of North Street, Pewsey; the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (©Crown Copyright. RCHME); the bishop of Salisbury; Wiltshire County Council. Material in Devizes Museum is reproduced by permission of Devizes Museum (the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society).

Little Bedwyn: St. Martin's church, Chisbury. Photograph, BB98/21251, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998 frontispiece
Great Bedwyn: no. 12 Farm Lane. Line drawing published in 1798 in Gentleman's Magazine, lxviii (2), at p. 1013 page 12
Great Bedwyn: the old barn at Wolfhall. Drawn in or before 1875 by the Revd. George Stallard, printed by Cowell's Anastatic Press, Ipswich, and published in Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine, xv, at p. 144 " 18
Burbage: the column erected in 1781 in the park of Tottenham House, Great Bedwyn. Drawing on a map of 1786 in Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office: W.R.O. 1300/360 " 30
Great Bedwyn: the neoclassical greenhouse at Tottenham House. Drawing on a map of 1786 in Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office: W.R.O. 1300/360 " 31
Great Bedwyn: St. Nicholas's church, East Grafton, built in 1844. Drawing by T. T. Bury, engraved by Day and Haghe. From a print in Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office: W.R.O., D 1/2/33, at f. 128 " 47
Little Bedwyn: the north arcade of St. Michael's church. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806 " 68
Plates between pages 122 and 123
1. Great Bedwyn: St. Mary's church from the south-east. Drawing by O. B. Carter, engraved by Day & Son, c. 1850. From a print in Devizes Museum
2. Great Bedwyn: the north arcade of St. Mary's church. Drawing by O. B. Carter, engraved by Day & Son, c. 1850. From a print in Devizes Museum
3. Pewsey: St. John the Baptist's church from the north-east. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
4. Collingbourne Kingston: St. Mary's church from the south-west. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
5. Burbage: All Saints' church from the south-east. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
6. Froxfield: All Saints' church from the south-east. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
7. Buttermere: St. James's church from the north-west. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
8. Easton: Holy Trinity church from the north-east. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
9. Savernake: the chancel of Christchurch, Cadley. Photograph, BB75/4128, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1975
10. Chute Forest: St. Mary's church. Photograph, AA79/1888, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1979
11. Great Bedwyn: St. Katharine's church. Photograph, BB98/13935, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
12. Wootton Rivers: Manor Farmhouse from the south-east. Photograph by A. F. Kersting, 1982
13. Pewsey: houses at the south end of East Sharcott street from the south-east. Photograph, BB98/21258, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
14. Pewsey: Ball Cottage at Ball. Photograph, BB98/21243, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
15. Pewsey: Court House in Church Street from the north-west. Photograph, BB98/13955, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
16. Great Bedwyn: air view of Tottenham House and its park from the south-east. Photograph, A15077, Aerofilms Ltd., 1948
17. Great Bedwyn: the south-east front of Tottenham House. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
18. Great Bedwyn: the north-west front of Tottenham House. Photograph, AA98/17694, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
19. Chilton Foliat: Chilton Lodge from the south-east. Photograph, AA98/16828, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
20. Chute Forest: Chute Lodge from the south. Photograph published in Country Life, 13 July 1967
21. Tidcombe: the south front of Tidcombe Manor. Photograph, AA98/16874, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
22. Milton Lilbourne: the south front of Fyfield Manor. Photograph published in Country Life, 28 September 1961
23. Milton Lilbourne: the east front of Milton Lilbourne Manor. Photograph by A. F. Kersting, 1982
24. Savernake: Savernake Lodge from the west. Watercolour by John Buckler in Devizes Museum, 1806
25. Tidcombe: Fosbury House, Fosbury, from the south. Photograph of 1908, P1492, Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
26. Chilton Foliat: the south front of Bridge House, Chilton Foliat. Photograph published in Country Life, 30 April 1962
27. Great Bedwyn: the vicarage house built in 1878-9 in Church Street. Photograph, BB98/13953, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
28. Burbage: a house at Durley. Photograph, BB98/13944, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
29. Burbage: the vicarage house built in 1853 at Eastcourt. Photograph, BB98/13947, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
30. Savernake: a house at Cadley. Photograph, DOE.LB664/31, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England
31. Froxfield: the south front of Froxfield almshouse. Photograph, BB98/21500, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
32. Froxfield: the quadrangle and chapel of Froxfield almshouse from the west. Photograph, BB98/21502, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
33. Little Bedwyn: the Farmer Homes in Kelston Road. Photograph, AA98/16810, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
34. Chilton Foliat: Leverton Cottages at Leverton. Photograph, AA98/16814, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
35. Great Bedwyn: Railway Terrace, off Brook Street, in Great Bedwyn village. Photograph, BB98/13945, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1998
36. Great Bedwyn: Wilton windmill. Photograph of 1976, P14628, Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
37. Pewsey: the Kennet & Avon canal from the west at Pewsey wharf. Photograph of c. 1965 (51114 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
38. Pewsey: the church of the Holy Family in Broadfields. Photograph of c. 1965 (51111 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
39. Burbage: cottages at Durley from the south. Photograph of 1907 (57218 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
40. Milton Lilbourne: part of Milton Lilbourne village street from the north. Photograph of c. 1955 (165001 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
41. Pewsey: Market Place from the east. Photograph of 1929 (82306 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
42. Pewsey: North Street from the south. Photograph of c. 1900, P40427, Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
43. Pewsey: High Street from the west. Photograph of c. 1955 (PWY22 in Francis Frith Collection), Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
44. Great Bedwyn: the market house, demolished in 1870, in Great Bedwyn village. Photograph, P31837, Wiltshire County Council, Libraries and Heritage
45. Great Bedwyn: air view of Great Bedwyn village from the south. Photograph, A230863, Aerofilms Ltd., 1973


Next:-->
List of maps