List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, R B Pugh (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, Eileen P Scarff, G C Tyack

Year published

1976

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. X-XI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=26869 Date accessed: 23 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their possession and for the loan of prints thanks are rendered to: City of London, Guildhall Library; Country Life; the Greater London Council Photographic Library; the Hamlyn Group Picture Library; London Borough of Enfield, Central Library and Edmonton Library; London Borough of Haringey, Bruce Castle Museum; the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), Crown Copyright; the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield Lock. The coats of arms were drawn by C. W. Scott-Giles and H. Ellis Tomlinson.

Little Stanmore: the interior of St. Lawrence's Church. Photograph, c. 1960, supplied by the Hamlyn Group Picture Library frontispiece
Borough of Hendon: coat of arms page 31
London Borough of Barnet: coat of arms " 31
Tottenham: the high cross and High Road in 1827, from the south. From an engraving by George Cooke in London Borough of Haringey, Bruce Castle Museum facing page 64
Hendon: Brent Cross Fly-over and the North Circular Road from the north-east. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1965 " " 64
Tottenham: Broadwater Farm estate from the south-west. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1972 " " 65
Hendon: the centre of Hampstead Garden Suburb from the south-west. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1946 " " 65
Kingsbury: New Church of St. Andrew. Photograph by A. P. Baggs, 1975 " " 80
Enfield Wash: St. George's Church. Photograph by A. P. Baggs, 1975 " " 80
Enfield: St. Andrew's Church in 1793. From an aquatint by W. Ellis in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 81
Hendon: St. Mary's Church in 1798. From a pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 1), p. 8: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 81
Great Stanmore: St. John the Evangelist's Church c. 1800. From a watercolour in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 2), p. 294: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 81
Kingsbury: Old Church of St. Andrew in 1796. From a watercolour in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 81
Borough of Wembley: coat of arms page 82
London Borough of Brent: coat of arms " 82
Great Stanmore: Stanmore Hall facing page 160
The South Front. Photograph by Bedford Lemere, 1891 (N.M.R.)
The Entrance Hall. Photograph by Bedford Lemere, 1891 (N.M.R.)
Little Stanmore: the east front of Canons in 1720. From an engraving by H. Hulsbergh for Vitruvius Britannicus, Volume IV " " 161
Southgate: Grovelands c. 1800. From a watercolour by Humphry Repton (photograph N.M.R.) " " 161
Edmonton: College House School c. 1840. From a prospectus at London Borough of Enfield, Edmonton Library " " 176
Enfield: Brimsdown Power Station and factories beside the Lea Navigation. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1972 " " 177
Edmonton Green: tower blocks around the shopping centre. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1972 " " 177
Borough of Edmonton: coat of arms page 178
Borough of Southgate: coat of arms " 179
Tottenham: the Flour Mills c. 1800. From a pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 2), p. 556: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library facing page 240
Enfield: the Royal Small Arms Factory. Photograph, c. 1972, supplied by the director, R.S.A.F. " " 240
Vernacular Building facing page 241
Great Stanmore: nos. 57-65 the Broadway. Photograph, 1968, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Hendon: cottages at Mill Hill. Photograph, 1968, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Little Stanmore: nos. 97-101 Edgware High Street. Photograph, 1966, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
South Mimms: Blanche Farm. Photograph, 1965, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library
Urban District (later Borough) of Enfield: coat of arms page 243
London Borough of Enfield: coat of arms " 243
South Mimms facing page 256
Wrotham Park from the south-west. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1963
Dancers Hill House: the saloon and the north front. Photographs by A. P. Baggs, 1975
Monken Hadley: the Green. Photograph by Country Life, 1942 " " 257
Tottenham: nos. 5 and 6 Bruce Grove. Photograph, 1970, supplied by the G.L.C. Photographic Library " " 257
South Mimms: the gateway to Dyrham Park. Photograph by A. P. Baggs, 1975 " " 257
Enfield: Chase Farm School c. 1890. Photograph supplied by London Borough of Enfield, Central Library " " 320
Tottenham: Bruce Castle in 1686. From a print of 1794 after a painting at London Borough of Haringey, Bruce Castle Museum " " 320
Hendon: Congregational Church, Brent Street, c. 1855. From a coloured lithograph by Day & Sons in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 321
Enfield: new Congregational Church, Baker Street, c. 1862. From a print in London Borough of Enfield, Central Library " " 321
Tottenham: Holy Trinity Church c. 1830. From a print by R. B. Schnebbelie at London Borough of Haringey, Bruce Castle Museum. " " 321
Tottenham: back view of the George and Vulture Inn c. 1800. From a pen and wash drawing in D. Lysons, Environs of London, iii (pt. 3), p. 556: grangerized copy in City of London, Guildhall Library " " 336
Hendon: the interior of the Golders Green Hippodrome. Photograph by Bedford Lemere, 1914 (N.M.R.) " " 336
Wood Green: the first Alexandra Palace as projected. From the Penny Illustrated Paper, 2 September 1871, in London Borough of Haringey, Bruce Castle Museum " " 337
Hendon Aerodrome. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., c. 1930 " " 337
Borough of Tottenham: coat of arms page 344
Borough of Wood Green: coat of arms " 345
London Borough of Haringey: coat of arms " 345


Next:-->
List of maps