List of maps

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, R B Pugh (Editors), A P Baggs, Diane K Bolton, Eileen P Scarff, G C Tyack

Year published

1976

Supporting documents

Page

12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. XII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=26870 Date accessed: 27 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

LIST OF MAPS

All the maps were drawn by K. J. Wass of the Department of Geography, University College, London, from drafts prepared by Eileen P. Scarff, Diane K. Bolton, T. F. T. Baker, and G. C. Tyack. Thanks are rendered to the Warden and Fellows of All Souls College, Oxford, for making material available for the map of Kingsbury, to the Marquess of Salisbury for material used in the map of Edmonton parish, and to the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge, for material used in the map of Enfield parish. The development maps are based upon the Ordnance Survey, with the sanction of the Controller of H. M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved.

page
The hundred of Gore. From C. G. Greenwood's Map of Middlesex (1819) 1
Hendon in 1754. From James Crow's map (published by N. G. Brett-James, 1927) and estate maps 4
Kingsbury in 1597. From All Souls College, Hovenden maps, portfolio II, nos. 9-15 52
Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, and Edgware c. 1835. From the inclosure maps 90
The hundred of Edmonton. From C. G. Greenwood's Map of Middlesex (1819) 130
Edmonton c. 1600. From Hatfield C. P. M. Suppl. 27 and other estate maps 132
Edmonton: development from the mid 19th century 144
Enfield c. 1750. From an estate map at Trinity College, Cambridge 210
Enfield: development from the mid 19th century 220
South Mimms in 1842. From the tithe map 274
Tottenham c. 1619. From a map in W. Robinson, History of Tottenham (1840) 310
Tottenham: development from the mid 19th century 318


<--Previous:
List of illustrations
Next:-->
Editorial note