LIST 13 PREBENDARIES OF COLWORTH
Colworth is in Oving parish (W. Suss.; neither are in DB, but see AS Chs. of Selsey
no. 21, of 988). See Inq. Non. p. 358a. In 1535 preb. consisted of farm and pension
in Oving (Valuation 1535 p. 163). See VCH Suss. IV 166, and H. M. Davey, 'A
history of the parish of Oving', Suss. Archaeol. Collections xxxiv (1886) 185-
214, at pp. 192-3.
Valuation 1291 £26 13s 4d (Taxatio p. 137b).
No canon identified as this preb. in the period 1066-1300.
First identified preb. is Thomas of London, who had papal prov. to next vacant
preb. 24 June 1325; canon and preb. by 1343; died as this preb. by 22 Sept. 1354
(2 Fasti VII 17).