Hospitals
Newington

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

H.E. Malden (editor)

Year published

1967

Supporting documents

Page

118

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hospitals: Newington', A History of the County of Surrey: Volume 2 (1967), pp. 118. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=37824 Date accessed: 31 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

HOSPITALS

12. THE HOSPITAL OF NEWINGTON

There was an ancient hospital here dedicated to the honour of Our Lady and St. Catherine; but we have not been able to learn anything more concerning it than that it continued until 1551, when, as is stated by Strype, their proctor had protection or license to solicit alms granted by Edward VI. (fn. 1)

Footnotes

1 Strype, Eccl. Mem. Edw. VI. p. 516.