Long time user?
Victoria County History
A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2
William Page (editor)
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Hospitals: St Leonard without the Castle of Lincoln', A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2 (1906), pp. 233. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=38060 Date accessed: 22 July 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
92. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. LEONARD WITHOUT THE CASTLE OF LINCOLN
This hospital, which was intended for lepers
and other sick persons, was certainly in existence
before 1300, when Bishop Dalderby called upon
the rectors and vicars of Lincoln and Stowe to
make collections in aid of it. (fn. 1) Another indulgence for its support was granted in 1311.
Nothing further is known of its history. (fn. 2)
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd