Hospitals
Grantham

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Page (editor)

Year published

1906

Page

235

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hospitals: Grantham', A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2 (1906), pp. 235. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=38072 Date accessed: 18 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

106. THE HOSPITAL OF GRANTHAM

The hospital of St. Leonard 'by the Spittelgate' of Grantham was in existence in the fifteenth century, and wardens were appointed to the custody of it until 1500. It is not mentioned after this date, nor does it appear amongst the chantries connected with Grantham in the Chantry Certificate.

Wardens of Grantham Hospital

William Tapyter, (fn. 1) resigned 1428

Robert Herring, (fn. 2) presented 1428, resigned 1431

William Walsone, (fn. 3) presented 1431

William Ashby, (fn. 4) resigned 1445

John Stretton, (fn. 5) admitted 1445

Thomas Isham, (fn. 6) died 1500

Philip Meautes, (fn. 7) admitted 1500

Footnotes

1 Linc. Epis. Reg. Inst. Flemyng, 32.
2 Ibid.
3 Ibid. Inst. Gray, 2.
4 Ibid. Inst. Alnwick, 95 d.
5 Ibid.
6 Ibid. Inst. Smith, 40.
7 Ibid.