Victoria County History
A History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 2
William Page (editor)
Table of abbreviations
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Alien houses: The priory of Docking', A History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 2 (1906), pp. 462. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=38334 Date accessed: 23 August 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
116. THE PRIORY OF DOCKING
The endowment charter of Eton College mentions the alien priory of Docking. It was a small
cell of the Benedictine abbey of Ivry in France,
to which house the church was appropriated.
It was dissolved with other alien priories by the
Parliament of Leicester in 1415, and was at first
granted to Joan, the queen-dowager of England.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd