Lunae, 3 Martii
Countess of Essex' Jointure.
1. Reading - B. FOR the Assurance of the Jointure of the Right honourable Frances Countess of Essex, Wife of the Right Honourable Rob. Earl of Essex.
Corpus Christi Col.
1. Reading: - B. For the President and Scholars of Corpus Christi College in the University of Oxford.
Ld. Danver's Restitution.
1. - B. For the Restitution in Blood of the Lord Danvers, &c.
Married Men in Colleges.
3. Reading - Act, prohibiting the Resiancy of married Men, being Provosts, &c. with their Wives and Families, &c - And much disputed. -
Sir Geo. Moore, contra; Mr. Hackwill, pro: Sir John Bennett, contra.
Lex bona: - Ut religioni conveniat: Ut disciplinae prospiciat: Ut saluti proficiat.
Mr. Hoskins, pro; Mr. D. James, contra.
Proviso by Sir Roland Litton tendered to the Bill against Heads of Colleges, twice read, and ingrossed.
The Proviso passed, upon the Question.
The Bill and Proviso : - The House divided :
With the Yea, 169.
With the Noe. 104.
And so passed.
3. Reading: - Act for Enabling of John Hotham Esquire, the Father, and John Hotham, the Son, to convey certain Lands, &c. - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - The Act for the Recovering of small Debts, and Relieving of poor Debtors in London: - Upon the Question, passed.
Mr. Staughton bringeth in a Bill for the better Satisfying of due Debts.
Mr. Hadds bringeth in the Bill for the Re-edifying of Upton Bridge; and, upon the Question, ordered to be ingrossed.