Hospitals
St Peter, Oxford

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Page (editor)

Year published

1907

Page

160

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hospitals: St Peter, Oxford', A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 2 (1907), pp. 160. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40214 Date accessed: 24 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

43. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. PETER, OXFORD.

Simon Islip, as vicar of the Bishop of Lincoln while abroad, issued a notice in 1338 that if the poor of the house of St. Peter in Oxford should ask money for the repairs of their house or their own maintenance the faithful should assist them. (fn. 1) Wood was of the opinion that it was in the parish of St. Peter in the East, and was demolished when New College was built. (fn. 2)

Footnotes

1 Linc. Epis. Reg. Burghersh, Mem. fol. 332.
2 City of Oxf. (ed. Clark), ii, 497.