Pall Mall, South Side, Past Buildings
Carlton House

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)

Year published

1960

Supporting documents

Page

348

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Addenda / corrigenda

Any material between chevrons <> has come to light since publication. Anyone interested in the sources for this new material should contact the Survey of London

Citation Show another format:

'Pall Mall, South Side, Past Buildings: Carlton House', Survey of London: volumes 29 and 30: St James Westminster, Part 1 (1960), pp. 348. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40583 Date accessed: 24 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

Carlton House

Occupied part of the sites of Waterloo Place, the United Service Club and the Athenaeum

The northern part of Carlton House stood in the parish of St. James, and the southern part in the parish of St. Martin in the Fields. The house was described in Survey of London, vol. xx, 1940, The Parish of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Part III, pp. 69–76.