No. 19 Soho Square
Lady Offley was living here in 1691, followed
by Madam Maynard from 1692 to at least 1697,
and Colonel Waldron from at least 1703 to 1711.
Other inhabitants include Lady Vane or Fane,
1713–23; Lady Buckley, 1725–6; William
Churchill (who had previously lived at No. 18),
formerly M.P. for Ipswich, from 1729 until his
death in 1737, and Thomas Lewis, Radnorshire
landowner and M.P., 1747–77. (ref. 33)
In 1883 No. 19 was rebuilt for Messrs.
Burroughs and Watts, a firm of billiard-table
manufacturers who had occupied the house from
1837 and still occupy these premises. The architect was Rowland Plumbe and the builders were
Messrs. Longmore and Burge. (ref. 98) The building
is of four storeys with an uninteresting red brick
front (fig. 5).
The Builder, 24 Feb. 1883, p. 264.