The history of the erection of these buildings
has been described above. Except for Nos. 9,
10 and 11, at the south end of the west side, the
small houses built in 1773–4 have been demolished. The survivors are uniform in having
plain fronts, each house being three storeys high
above a cellar basement, and two windows wide.
The windows are recessed in plain openings,
having stone sills, thinly stuccoed reveals, and
flat arches of gauged bricks matching the 'grey'
stocks of the wall face. This is dressed with a stone
bandcourse at first-floor level, and a narrow
coping to the parapet. The doors, paired at Nos. 9
and 10, are recessed in semi-circular-headed
openings, with brick arches rising from plain
stone imposts, set in a slightly projecting face
finished by the bandcourse, here decorated with
a simple cornice. The interiors are much altered
and now used for storage purposes.