HANOVER SQUARE CHAPEL CHARITY-SCHOOL.
This school, in which 15 boys are educated and clothed, commenced, as is supposed,
early in the last century. Mrs. Airey, in 1767, bequeathed £100 towards its support.
It is chiefly supported by annual subscriptions (usually of one guinea), and by an
annual collection. When the boys are of an age to go to business, the managing
committee endeavour to place them with proper masters; and, if they have behaved
well in the school, one of the committee is always ready to become their bondsman.
Each subscriber of one guinea is entitled to nominate in his turn in cases of vacancy;
but, if there be no nomination, the committee generally fill up vacancies from the