Editorial note

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Page (editor)

Year published

1912

Page

21

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Editorial note', A History of the County of Hertford: volume 3 (1912), pp. XXI. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=43567 Date accessed: 16 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

EDITORIAL NOTE

The Editor wishes to thank the following, who have kindly assisted him by reading the proofs of this volume and have otherwise helped in passing the pages through the Press:— the Hon. II. C. Gibbs, M.A., Mr. R. T. Andrews, the Rev. Edwin Burton, D.D., Mr. J. L. Glasscock, Mr. H. R. H. Gosselin-Grimshawe, J.P., Mr. C. E. Johnston, Mr. William Minet, M.A., F.S.A., J.P., and Major F. Skeet. The assistance thus afforded has added much to the completeness of the various parish histories given in this volume.

The Editor desires further to acknowledge the courtesy he has invariably received from all those to whom he has applied for information. He would more especially mention in this respect the Most Hon. the Marquess of Salisbury, P.C., G.C.V.O., C.B., the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Lytton, the Rev. Lord William Cecil, M.A., Sir Edgar C. Boehm, Bart., Mr. W. F. Andrews, the Rev. H. Athill, M.A., the Rev. H. A. Barker, M.A., the Rev. F. R. Blatch, M.A., the Rev. A. R. Buckland, M.A., Mr. H. G. N. Bushby, J.P., the Rev. L. C. Chalmers-Hunt, M.A., Mr. B. L. Cherry, the Rev. C. W. Clarke, M.A., Miss CottonBrowne, Mr. Septimus Croft, J.P., Mr. Arthur W. Cross, Mr. R. H. Gamlen, Mr. Charles Gayton, Mr. T. T. Greg, M.A., F.S.A., J.P., Mr. R. T. Gunton, Mr. H. R. Wilton Hall, the Rev. A. C. Headlam, D.D., the Hertford Corporation, the Rev. A. B. Hobart-Hampden, M.A., the late Canon H. Jephson, M.A., the Rev. A. G. Langdon, B.A., the Rev. H. A. Lipscomb, M.A., the Rev. J. Traviss Lockwood, Mr. C. J. Longman, J.P., Mr. C. E. Longmore, the Rev. F. W. Low, M.A., Mr. W. E. Maclean, Mr. V. A. Malcolmson, the Rev. J. Mearns, M.A., Mr. Walter Millard, the Rev. W. Mitchell-Carruthers, M.A., Mr. William Morris, the Rev. R. S. Mylne, M.A., B.C.L., F.S.A., the Rev. A. Nairne, M.A., Mr. J. Phillips, J.P., Miss Pollard, Mr. J. R. Pulham, Mr. F. C. Puller, J.P., the Rev. J. E. I. Procter, M.A., Mr. J. H. Round, M. A., LL. D., Mr. Thomas U. Sadleir, Mr. Abel H. Smith, M.A., J. P., the Rev. E. A. Smith, M.A., the Rev. S. M. Stanley, M.A., the Rev. W. T. Stubbs, M.A., the Rev. M. S. Swatman, M.A., the Rev. G. Todd, M.A., Mr. J. Allen Tregelles, Mr. C. J. Veasey, M.A., and the Rev. P. M. Wathen, M.A.

For illustrations and plans the Editor is indebted to the Marquess of Salisbury, Mr. R. T. Andrews, the Editor of the Architectural Review, the Editor and Proprietors of Country Life (for photographs of Hatfield House, Knebworth House, the Wyck and Balls Park), Mr. V. A. Malcolmson, Major F. Skeet, and Monsignor Bernard Ward.