Editorial note

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Farrer & J. Brownbill (editors)

Year published

1911

Page

13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Editorial note', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 5 (1911), pp. XIII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=52987 Date accessed: 28 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

EDITORIAL NOTE

In addition to those whose help has been acknowledged in previous volumes, the Editors desire to record their obligations to the following:— Mr. H. Ince Anderton, Mr. S. Andrew, the late Mr. J. Dean, Lieut.Col. Henry Fishwick, F.S.A., Mr. W. Hewitson, Rev. W. Nicholls, Mr. S. Partington, Colonel John Pilkington, F.S.A., Mr. J. P. Rylands, F.S.A., Mr. Giles Shaw, and the Town Clerks of Bolton, Heywood, Middleton, and Rochdale.

For the use of plans and for information regarding the architecture of the county, the Editors are indebted to Messrs. Austin and Paley, Mr. W. D. Caroe, M.A., F.S.A., Mr. Jonathan Simpson, Mr. C. W. Sutton, M.A., Mr. Henry Taylor, F.S.A., Mr. Isaac Taylor, and Mr. Edgar Wood.

For the use of photographs and blocks for illustrations the Editors desire to express their obligations to Sir Lees Knowles, Bart., Lieut.-Col. Fishwick, F.S.A., Lieut.-Col. Pilkington, F.S.A., Mr. A. B. Sparke and the Bolton Library Committee, and Mr. Giles Shaw.