Editorial note

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Farrer & J. Brownbill (editors)

Year published

1912

Page

13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Editorial note', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 7 (1912), pp. XIII. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53179 Date accessed: 28 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

Editorial note

The Editors desire to acknowledge the assistance and information given by the Rev. S. E. Collinson, Mr. E. Dickson, Mr. J. T. Fair, Mr. W. J. Fitzherbert-Brockholes, D.L., J.P., Mr. Joseph Gillow, Mr. D. Howsin, Mr. A. Jobling, the Rev. J. Keating, Dr. J. A. Laycock, Mr. E. A. Le Gendre Starkie, J.P., the Rev. E. T. Millard, the Rev. B. Nightingale, M.A., Mr. James Openshaw, M.A., the Rev. J. F. H. Parker, Mr. W. Parker, Captain C. B. Petre, the Rev. D. Schofield, Mr. W. W. Simpson, J.P., Mr. R. Trappes-Lomax, J.P., and Miss Weld, also the Town Clerks of Blackpool and Preston and the Librarian of Preston.

They also wish to tender their thanks to Mr. J. P. Rylands, F.S.A., for revising the heraldry.

For illustrations and information regarding the architecture of the county the Editors are indebted to Sir George F. Toulmin, M.P., the Editor and Proprietors of 'Country Life' (for photographs of Shireburne Almshouses and Stonyhurst Gateway Tower), the Society of Antiquaries, Messrs. Austin & Paley, the Rev. W. Bodkin, S.J., Mr. W. Ellison Fenwicke, and Mr. T. Harrison Myres.



<--Previous:
List of maps