The hundred of Westerham and Eatonbridge
Introduction

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

Edward Hasted

Year published

1797

Page

158

Citation Show another format:

'The hundred of Westerham and Eatonbridge: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 3 (1797), pp. 158. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=62849 Date accessed: 27 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

THE HUNDRED OR WESTERHAM AND EATONBRIDGE

LIES the next south-westward from that of Codsheath. It is described in the survey of Domesday by the name of the Hundred of Ostreham, as it was in king Edward III.'s reign by that of the Hundred of Westerham; soon after which the name of the lower half hundred of it, called Eatonbridge, was added to it; by both which names it has been called ever since.

IT CONTAINS THE PARISHES OF

1. WESTERHAM, and 2. EATONBRIDGE.

And the churches of those parishes:

And also part of the parishes of Brasted and Cowden, the churches of which are in another district.