Great Garden Street
East out of St. Katherine's Lane to Helmet Court and Butcher Row (Lockie, 1810).
Former names : A tradesman's token inscribed "Great Garden in St. Katherine's" was issued 1649-72 (Burn, p. 95). "Great Garden" (P.C. 1732, and Strype, 1720-Horwood, 1799). "The Great Gardens" (Rocque, 1746).
Removed for the formation of St. Katherine's Docks and the adjacent warehouses in 1827.
Great Garden, Great Gardens (The)
See Great Garden Street.
Great Knightrider Street
See Knightrider Street.
Great Love Lane, Wood Street
See Love Lane.
Great Montagu Court, Little Britain
See Montague Court.
Great New Street
North-east from West Harding Street to Dean Street, in Farringdon Ward Without (P.O. Directory).
First mention : Hatton, 1708.
Former names : "West Harding Street" (O. and M. 1677). Northern portion called "Box's Court" and "Boxwood Court" (q.v.).
Seems to be called "Goldsmiths Rents" (q.v.) in Strype, ed. 1720.
Great Northern Railway Goods' Station and Depot
On the north side of Royal Mint Street (P.O. Directory).
Covers the site of Merchant Taylors' Almshouses ; Crown and Shears Place, etc.
Great Old Bailey
See Old Bailey.
Great Oxford Court
South out of Camomile Street. In Lime Street Ward (O. and M. 1677-Boyle, 1799).
So named as occupying part of the site of the hostel of the Earl of Oxford.
See Oxford (Earl of), Hostel of.